I’m probably going to be flamed for this but where would I learn how to build my own drivers like SSA and Sundown do? Do they manufacture the surrounds, cone etc themselves or do they outsource most of the parts and assemble them before selling them? I really want to start my own business someday and car audio is my passion and I would LOVE to learn all I can.

You basically have two routes.  First would be to just contact a buildhouse and have whatever you want OEM'd for you.  Second would be to learn about acoustics first and foremost.  Get educated, get connected, and your world will blossom.

I would say the first step is to understand exactly what all enclosures do.  Designing a driver before that would be horribly backwards.  Read Vance Dickason's book until you understand it and follow the equations clearly.  At that point, you can start a design but expect some iterations before it has any value.  Or just sell your first design by slapping random components together and celebrate the skarbage you put together.

Yes.^^ Need to do your homework. Also ask yourself why... If it is to save money, it wont happen.

On 5/12/2020 at 10:55 PM, 95Honda said:

Yes.^^ Need to do your homework. Also ask yourself why... If it is to save money, it wont happen.

My passion is Car audio and I want to learn as much as possible and maybe start an audio company/ store like SSA, Sundown etc

On 5/12/2020 at 8:04 PM, ///M5 said:

I would say the first step is to understand exactly what all enclosures do.  Designing a driver before that would be horribly backwards.  Read Vance Dickason's book until you understand it and follow the equations clearly.  At that point, you can start a design but expect some iterations before it has any value.  Or just sell your first design by slapping random components together and celebrate the skarbage you put together.

Thanks, I’ve looked everywhere and can’t seem to find where to get started learning all this stuff your comment helped me