Sign in to follow this  
Dnewell2004

The Family Friendly Rango

Let me first start by saying I have mad respect for walls or laying down seats you don't need for more room. But for me I like the challenge of keeping my room, always have. I have a wife and 4 kids that still ride with me in a daily basis. I've always liked it loud but you also got to be able to hear the words clearly. So with this build I wanted to compete, not to win just for fun, and keep all of my seating. I bought an American Bass XFL 15 when I had my van and still had my 12-15 year old Diamond Audio Amps. When I got the Durango I built a sub back port back box and fastened the amps to the back of the seat. It was basic clean looking even though I never finished the amp rack. And my kicks didn't turn out horrible for my first set. But as you can see I was choking out the port and the sub was super close to the hatch. Fast forward after a trip to Slamology in 2019 I got the itch. I completed 1 time. Placed 3rd but only clamped like 500w.  Wasn't good enough...to be continued.

IMG_20190629_165023286_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190322_201355245.jpg

IMG_20190323_155335886.jpg

IMG_20190327_184406396.jpg

IMG_20190322_201350752.jpg

So after the comp I decided to rebuild. I talked to a buddy of mine who is huge into it right now. He said I needed to go sub up and aero port back or side. If I went back I'd still be choking the port out. I also wanted to add a battery. So here's where I had to brain storm. There wasn't anywhere to put a second battery in the back so I decided to notch the box. The issue there was I took some air space away. So I moved my amp location and made the box deeper. This is the final product at this moment. I say that because I'm getting ready to order some Incriminator amps so the rack is gonna change.

IMG_20200606_125013923.jpg