Kwikr1

Noob help for Corvette owner

Hi first post thanks for letting me join . I recently had the following installed in a 1999 C5 Corvette . 
Kenwood DMX 7706s

JL Audio HD 9001/5 Amp

Morel Virtus Component 6.5 Soeakers (Front )

Morel Tempo Ultra 602 (Mid)

JL Audio 10W3V3-4 Rear Sub ( with adjustable knob)

The sound sounds real washed out with no “punch” to it . Any suggestion on what could be the problem .. or amp setting that I should check ? I would really appreciate any help . Driving me crazy ! I included a pic of amp settings . 

CA4727D1-9C67-4B21-97CC-C04541D2EE3A.jpeg

Edited by Kwikr1
Pic

:WELCOME: and this is what we are here for.

I cant tell where your gain is set from here.

Never used a JL amp before, should the crossover settings be either on 12 or 24db setting?

Edited by jcarter1885

Thanks ! I’ll have to check the amp settings . Sounds very washed out and muddled . 

Welcome

:Welcome: 

Can you describe what you mean by muddled and washed out?  Also share what trouble shooting you have done already.

6 hours ago, ///M5 said:

:Welcome: 

Can you describe what you mean by muddled and washed out?  Also share what trouble shooting you have done already.

Not very crisp or punchy . You wouldn’t even think it had a decent amp behind it .  It’s going back to the shop who installed it next week to get checked out . It was put together with very decent components imo. I’ve had systems that I’ve spent 1/3 of the money on . And sounded twice as good as this one . Could it be the quality of the Spotify  files ? I stream everything. Thanks . 

Edited by Kwikr1

Streaming is a horrible idea for good sound.  I can't comment too much more because we are just missing too much information, but I would venture to bet there are some phasing and/or cancellation issues present here.   Any competent shop should have been able to handle that though.  I am a bit suspect of the shop right now.  Hopefully something just went wrong and they can get you on the right track.  And just so you know, we require pics! 

:WELCOME: