firey_kimchi

Adire Audio Brahma MkII Noise

I bought a pair of used 12" Brahma MkII subs a few months back. When I hooked them up, the one has a slight noise to it (the other sub has no issues). At low volumes it wasn't really noticeable but with the volume turned up it was definitely noticeable. The noise originally sounded like the dust cap was loose (slight ticking sound). I checked the dust cap and it is secure. I pushed down on the cone to see if there was any noise/coil rub but there wasn't. The voice coils read like they should (1.5/1.6 ohms). I noticed that there was excess glue where the cone meets the spider (at the 1 o'clock, 6 o'clock, and 7 o'clock positions) and the glue is pretty hard. If I put a little pressure on the spider near those areas when the sub is playing, the noise goes away. The spider is not cut. Otherwise, the Brahma is in excellent condition. Is there anything I can do to fix the noise? Or will it not matter when it's in an enclosure? I'm really hoping it doesn't need a recone.

IMG_7095.HEIC

IMG_9300.HEIC

IMG_7570.HEIC

You won't know until you get it in an enclosure.  I'd throw a quick sealed box together and test it.

I put it in my 1.1ft^3 sealed enclosure for my Icon and it didn't make the ticking noise. Thanks!

That's actually a great size for it.  My old XXX12 was in 1.15 and sounded fantastic!