Sam_54321

Need help adding amplifier to this system

Hey, guys. I could really use to help.

I have a side by side with an audio system consisting of a tiny Bluetooth “head unit” with a strange DIN audio output, a 4 channel amp, 4 6x9s, and a 10” subwoofer. (Made by Pro Box). All this stuff is in the roof of the vehicle. I want to add another subwoofer to the system. How can I add another amp? I’m attaching photos of the head unit, amplifier, and a cable that I think might be my solution but I’m not sure.

I believe the mini din wire is the audio output from the head unit and that there are no red and white RCA cables. I could be wrong. I have not torn into the roof enclosure yet. 

If someone has knowledge of this kind of audio wiring, please enlighten me. I am used to regular car audio wiring.

9697DEC3-211A-4FC6-AC0D-9C8A7373373C.png

A775F818-A811-49C6-A1F5-8D6AE305AB07.png

352E3E62-F4EC-4B36-B05A-A6000B7EFAD1.png

It appears your current amp has a line out.  Simply run that into the new amp and you're good.

Never heard of this brand, but will look into them.

Thanks! ProBox says I need the mini din splitter in one of the photos and an adapter to convert it to standard RCAs for the amp of the amp doesn’t have the DIN input. 

if there’s an easier way, im

game!

There is literally a set of RCA outputs on the amp. They are labeled, "out."  Simply run from there into your other amp and you are all set.   There is no DIN output on the amp, so why would you need to go from DIN to RCA or anything in between?

So I called ProBox and the guy told  me that because the audio into the amp  is through the DIN input on it, the line out won’t work. Said it would if the regular input was used. So I guess I’m stuck. I suppose I could just plug in and see what happens. 

Edited by Sam_54321

I would try that or just make up my own DIN to RCA converters.