DaViD12464

How to choose speakers to power amplifier?? + connection question

Hello, I have problem with choosing speakers (I'm just new in car audio), but I got 2 power amplifiers - CONCORD CA 2075 (300W),they are both 2 channel. One of them is bridged and connected to bass tube (raveland 400W). Second one will be connected to 4 speakers (2 x front 165mm, 2 x rear 130mm) , and I need to buy them, but I don't know how to compute how much Watts those speakers should have when i will connect them to this 300W power amplifier, which would have 2 speakers connected to + and - "left" and next 2 speakers for + and - "right". (You don't need to give me models of speakers cause idk if they will be available in my country, just give me how much watts they should have and I would really happy ;D)
And my question is can i connect wires going out of radio (normally to speakers now they are going to power amplifier) and cinch wires both at the same time??? (just got both with this stuff and I don't especially know if it's right :P

Ps. sorry for any mistakes caused by my english abilities :/

Watts aren't relevant.  Not sure what you are after.  We should start further to the beginning with your goals and car, then we can help better.

Okay, so my car is Peugeot 206 (3 door hatchback), and I received 2 power amps and bass tube (power amps: Concord CA2075; bass tube: raveland 400W), I already connected everything, but my car is missing speakers on the back, I have only two speakers in front of car (they aren't probably original cause they are Pioneer speakers), but they are doing weird screaky noises, when I set 10+ volume on radio (I think that's cause they are too weak for those power amps.)
I attach some photos of those power amps, and bass tube.

I have already disconnected those cinch wires (when they were connected and wires from radio were connected also, bass tube wasn't playing).

And I have also already ordered speakers for this car, I hope they will play good :/ 
FRONT speakers: Hertz DCX 165.3
BACK speakers: Hertz DCX 130.3

concord.jpg

concord2.jpg

tuba.jpg

Hertz are usually fine.  Personally I would never run rears.  Ar 10+ everything should sound bad...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

1. Recent Topics

• 17 comments
        • 393 comments
        • 2 comments
        • 5 comments
        • 6 comments
        • 1 comment
  • Similar Content

• By MJS_IraggiAlts
      PRV AUDIO Vocal Speakers....  
      This may not make sense initially, but a high-quality speaker will have less bandwidth than a lower quality speaker... (for the most part)
      Just like a 3- or 4-way system is always better than a 1- or 2-way system.  The narrower the bandwidth the speaker must play the cleaner it will sound.  This will also keep you from asking the speaker to play up to its upper and lower frequency limits which are where it starts to sound "forced" to play those frequencies
      Pro Audio speakers are nothing new to car audio, but I see consumers not really knowing how to properly use them and having some issues which is understandable.  These are totally different than your standard coaxial speaker

If you look at the graph on the 6mr500ndy, which sounds amazing, you'll see that it can play from 90hz to 12,000hz... but if you narrow it down to what is plays "best" and more "naturally" it’s closer to 200hz to 10,000hz.   Yes, it can play down to 50hz but not efficiently and not as well as 200 and up. Very low volume that would be fine but in what we do with the speaker you will want to cross it over closer to 200-300hz

I get a lot of PMs asking if this speaker will pick up where my subs leave off?   … around 60-80hz.  I say no but the specs say "yes”. 99-13k so that may be a little confusing if you don’t look at the graph and understand what information it has in it
      So, for someone interested in using this speaker as a voice speaker, which I HIGHLY recommend, you will also need a "midbass" speaker to go with it such as a 10mb800 or 10mb500 or 8mb450.     
      This leads me to another piece of information.  PRV model numbers have an "MR”, “MB", "SW" or "W" in between the size of the driver and wattage of the individual speaker. MR=midrange

MB=midbass
      W=woofer 
      SW=subwoofer
      This is a general guideline for what the speaker is geared towards. That doesn’t mean an 8mb450 can’t be used for midrange or and 8mr400 can’t be used for midbass.  That is where the graph and interpretation of the graph comes into play
      There is a lot more that goes into designing your front stage or your "voice" speakers that one of these days I’ll try and have a more in depth write up.   The possibilities are endless...

• By DedicatedEnthusiast
      Hello everyone, long time no see. I am selling a pair of Dual 2-ohm (technically D1.7) 12" Sundown X v.2's built by Dave Leib a.k.a "Strongman Designs." 
      Reason I am selling them is because I realized upon testing to see if my digital multi-meter was working correctly that one of the coils is reading higher on the one sub indicating that too much heat had been applied to it recently so rather than risking any further damage to it I am going to assume that I have too much power for these.
      Having said this in all honesty, let me make it perfectly clear here that both subs are still in perfect working order as we speak, even the one that is reading differently. Had I not thrown my multi-meter on it to test it in order to see if it was working properly (the multi-meter itself) I would have never known there was any difference or discrepancy between the two.  
      However, because one of them is reading off now and I do not know what is to be expected out of it's performance long-term I will be letting these go for $500+ shipping (that includes both).
      Any further questions or concerns please feel free to text me at 440-915-2309
      Phil

• By Second Skin
      In honor of the men and women whose sacrifices provide us with the freedoms that make America what it is, Second Skin is offering discounts on our made in the USA products.  From May 26th – May 30th use the coupon codes below to receive 10% - 15% - 20% off your order.
      Have a safe and happy Memorial Weekend! 
      Use the following codes at checkout:
      Orders $75 And Up Use: FREEDOM10
      Orders $200 And Up Use: HONOR15
      Orders $350 And Up Use: AMERICA20
                                                                                      (Shipping Not Included)
      WWW.SECONDSKININSULATION.COM

• By Jefferson PRV Audio
      • Neodymium radial slug motors for extreme speaker control and sensitivity
      • Full copper pole-piece sleeve for low distortion and inductance
      • Durable cast aluminum frame

A bumped backplate, vented pole piece, vented magnet assembly, Kapton® former, and treated-cloth surround allow for high power handling, while protecting this driver from extreme transient power peaks.

Available now at SSA Store:

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/prv-audio-5mr450-ndy-5-inch-8-ohm-mid-bass.html

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/prv-audio-5mr450-ndy-4-5-inch-4-ohm-mid-bass.html
      http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/prv-audio-6mr500-ndy-4-6-inch-4-ohm-mid-bass.html

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/prv-audio-6mr500-ndy-6-inch-8-ohm-mid-bass.html

http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/prv-audio-8mr600-ndy-8-inch-8-ohm-mid-bass.html

• Recent YouTube Posts