audiohz

Music streaming with iPhone Bluetooth vs usb wired

I have an iPhone 11 and using Apple Music and Spotify free Trial and in streaming over Bluetooth HU is an older pioneer probably 4 years old . Non CarPlay . The music doesn’t sound as full to me , am I crazy or is there an actual difference? I hate the thought of having to plug my phone in every time so I haven’t even tried the phone wired.. but when I swap back to music on my usb stick omg sounds so much cleaner.

First off, it has a limited bandwidth, much like FM radio.  It cannot deliver full spectrum.  Well, I suppose that's bad wording on my part.  It's not DESIGNED to have full bandwidth.  Also, it is compressed, so there is another issue to deal with.

On 9/19/2020 at 9:28 PM, Tirefryr said:

First off, it has a limited bandwidth, much like FM radio.  It cannot deliver full spectrum.  Well, I suppose that's bad wording on my part.  It's not DESIGNED to have full bandwidth.  Also, it is compressed, so there is another issue to deal with.

Do newer models have a newer version of Bluetooth that has better SQ/bandwidth? I know I have seen some new models that even have wireless car play that works over WiFi from the head unit I’m just curious if the sound quality is better?