jeeper2269

Different/better amp than Taramps hd3000.1?

I’m considering changing the amp for my FI q 12.

may sound picky, however, the fan is kind of annoying. Even when I had it mounted all the way in the back of the old Jeep, it was noticeable. I am planning on mounting the amp for the q under the driver or passenger seat in this build and would like some input. I’m sure it will cost a little more. Not sure how much I can get out of the Taramps, or if a trade of some sort is possible somewhere. Seems to have plenty of power though.

Those are hard to beat for price per watts.    How much power do you want and how much do you want to spend?

I believe the Q has a range of 1000-1200 watts rms. I’ve heard many say they will take the higher end all day without issues. Anything in that range that won’t give up any time soon would be great. Others have suggested the Orion xtr 2500, sundown sia 3500 and sfb 3000. 

I would like to spend less than a couple hundred bucks after trading or selling the Taramps and mount it under one of the seats, which is pretty small. (Taramp fits) 

The Orions are great amps!  I have no experience with Sundown, but JAcob has always put out a solid product.

12 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

The Orions are great amps!  I have no experience with Sundown, but JAcob has always put out a solid product.

I don’t know who JAcob is, but I am leaning toward the Sundowns. Not sure how much I can get out of the Taramps. I actually determined the model I have is the md3000.1. 

Jacob is the Owner of Sundown Audio

On 3/24/2021 at 12:35 PM, jeeper2269 said:

I believe the Q has a range of 1000-1200 watts rms. I’ve heard many say they will take the higher end all day without issues. Anything in that range that won’t give up any time soon would be great. Others have suggested the Orion xtr 2500, sundown sia 3500 and sfb 3000. 

I would like to spend less than a couple hundred bucks after trading or selling the Taramps and mount it under one of the seats, which is pretty small. (Taramp fits) 

I'd stay away from the sfb line. My buddy hooked his up brand new out the box and big puff of smoke. Sent it back and they claimed no issues. Needless to say it's still junk and was never replaced.

On 3/31/2021 at 1:10 PM, Travis said:

I'd stay away from the sfb line. My buddy hooked his up brand new out the box and big puff of smoke. Sent it back and they claimed no issues. Needless to say it's still junk and was never replaced.

Maybe the brazilian style design?  

Orion amps have been MIA for a while now.

There are better options.