jeeper2269

Anyone have pics/suggestions for Jeep Wrangler JL subwoofer enclosures?

Looking for more ideas for an enclosure that will work with an FI Q 12 I’m the rear cargo area. I am being told to go 1.75 to 2.25 cubic feet since I want it ported. The current enclosure is too tall and i would like a little more room back there. Pretty sure it’s close to 2.5. 

Are you unable to construct one yourself?

Well, I understand Home Depot will actually cut the wood for me, so I can dot it myself.  How it would turn out with the correct aero port and tuning is more of a concern of mine. I would really like to figure out a way to utilize the upper space between the back seat and rollbar and go out approximately fifteen inches or so from the edge of the wheel well. Also keeping it short enough to fit under a Tono or cargo cover (15” or so). This will deter the transients around my place of work from trying to yank it out. 

if I had a 3D scanner, it would help a ton. 

the JL audio stealth box made for them is similar to what I have in mind. However, they only use the upper space, which ends up being a very small enclosure. It also sticks up too high for a cargo cover. 

6723C43E-EF5D-4F43-B5AE-0244E78A4537.png

I just purchased a 3D printer and I've seen some tutorials on how you can use your camera phone and/or an Xbox Kinnect as a 3D scanner.

40 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

I just purchased a 3D printer and I've seen some tutorials on how you can use your camera phone and/or an Xbox Kinnect as a 3D scanner.

No kidding?   I have an iPhone 12 Pro. I will look into that.  A coworker has a 3D printer as well.  I would love to know how to work with fiberglass. That would be the best option. However, the video I watched on YouTube took the guy forever to finish an enclosure. Also not sure about the quality/efficiency to run that q in one.