Appointment has been set, car will be put in stereo shop on December 8th to get factory integration done, just in time for Christmas.

Edited by jcarter1885

I absolutely loved my idea to attach the factory terminal to the distribution block but it was hard to tighten down the added top post I was using in between the distribution block and terminal. So I just bought a longer bolt and put the terminal straight to the block itself.

20211111_182523.jpg

20211111_182518.jpg

20211111_182531.jpg

Bolt washer setup for my trunk ground wires, everything is mounted just needs to be covered to prevent rust and oxidation.

20211107_225211.jpg

20211107_225213.jpg

20211109_084545.jpg

20211107_225152.jpg

20211107_225007.jpg

20211107_225000.jpg

20211109_084551.jpg

Edited by jcarter1885

22 hours ago, jcarter1885 said:

Ok one last question do I do it on the grounds in the trunk? Will I have to still spray paint over to reduce the metal from rusting in the areas I sanded the paint down? Or can I just cover it with a layer of this and be ok?

Thanks man

You can do it either way. 

Trunk 2/0 welding cable grounds are complete and covered with spray paint.

20211114_095343.jpg

20211114_095334.jpg

14 gauge OFC Knukonceptz wire for front doors/rear doors were added and zip-tied together. Few small things left and it will be shop ready for plug and play. Subwoofer won't be installed until it's back from the shop, but the front stage (Stevens Audio horns and Faital Pro mids) will be playing.

20211121_152356.jpg

Some rear battery wire management, all zip-tied together even though it won't be seen behind the battery.

20211128_133403.jpg

20211128_133412.jpg

Dropped her off today, I know she is in good hands. I've never had a shop work on any of my cars, Ive always done my own work since college.

Work getting done: horn mounting, front/rear door speaker rings fabrication and speaker install, front/rear door tweaker pads and rings install, front/rear door speaker wire to molex connectors install, Nav-TV unit installed, rear battery platform and mounting, setting up front stage with DSP tuning. 

20211208_103310.jpg

Edited by jcarter1885

On 12/9/2021 at 9:11 AM, Tirefryr said:

NO time?

Or tools. I need speaker rings built and for what he is charging me to do all this vs what some shops are just charging me for rings or tuning alone. I couldn't pass up the deal, saves me time and some money. I got to listen to his SQ car which was pretty cool. Even found me a new box builder as well, after seeing some of his enclosures.

I work at a gun warehouse and it's our blackout season due to hunting and holidays, so we aren't allowed to take off unless for emergencies and I need more time than a weekend. Even though I took the day off to drop my car off because my boss is into systems and understands. Plus the info and schematics for my car is kinda limited even for previous models (2019, 2020). 

Edited by jcarter1885

Sidenote his tuner is in town because of some SQ competition that I just now learned about for all the installers in the area. Getting some professional help on that end so that's a win win for me.

I can always tweak to my needs when it's back in my hands if need be. I don't mind some starting points and advice.

Damn, sounds like you got lucky! 

As for work, it wouldn't happen to be MGE would it?

12 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

Damn, sounds like you got lucky! 

As for work, it wouldn't happen to be MGE would it?

Yes I did, the funny part about is two bigger shops actually referred me to him since he does a lot local DSP work.

No it's not, what is MGE?

MGE is a large firearms and knife distributor  with warehouses around the country, but the owner lives near me.  I was just curious.

On 12/10/2021 at 9:46 PM, Tirefryr said:

MGE is a large firearms and knife distributor  with warehouses around the country, but the owner lives near me.  I was just curious.

Don't think I heard of them but did look them up. RSR Group is the big distributor down here in this area. 

She is finally playing right, this car was tricky and picky. At first after installing everything I lost volume control with radio and steering wheel controls. I could only control the bluetooth since it's dependent on the phone volume. The am/fm setting blast at full volume with no way to turn down. Finally got it down and playing. Pictures to come once I get them from the installer. Subs should be in within the next week or two, hopefully sooner but I need to remount the trunk battery first.

Quick videos with no tuning at all, just picked some crossover points for now. 

I've tweaked the amps crossover settings some and the music has more depth and detail now than the videos from yesterday. 

I still haven't pulled out the laptop again to play with DSP settings since setting it up the first night.

Horns = 1400hz @ 24db

Mids = 80hz - 1400hz @ 24db

Edited by jcarter1885

Eric Stevens has been really helpful with suggestions not on just his horns but my Faital Pro mids as well.

Horns = 1000hz @ 24db

Mids = 100hz - 1000hz @ 24db

Horns mounted 

20211220_093319.jpg

20211220_093326.jpg

20211220_093342.jpg

20211220_093347.jpg

And here I thought I was alone with my Tevin Campbell.

13 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

And here I thought I was alone with my Tevin Campbell.

Honestly I got lucky with what was playing on the radio since I can't record a video and play music on my Bluetooth. But yes Tevin Campbell is dope.

After some more critical listening I decided to change my crossover point some more. I like more SPL than SQ so upping them some to protect them will be best for my needs. 

Mids 100-1200hz @ 24db

Horns 1200hz @ 24 db

Got rid of some zip ties and added wire loom for remote start wire and DSP power/ground wire.

20211225_103021.jpg

20211225_103024.jpg

Got some good presents in there!

Look at how much room is left to spare, story of my life. 

20211228_122634.jpg

20211228_122639.jpg