Sign in to follow this  
Aaron Clinton

Crypto fun

As it has started to gain more world wide attention and acceptance is growing, thought it would be an interested topic.  I've been progressively going in little by little since 2017.  Who else has been messing with it and what projects/coins are you big on?

I've only been messing in it as far as trading goes. I've got a bit in Bitcoin, Doge, and Etherium Classic. I've looked at rigs, but just too cost prohibitive at the moment for me.

On 8/20/2021 at 3:03 PM, Godsmack said:

I've only been messing in it as far as trading goes. I've got a bit in Bitcoin, Doge, and Etherium Classic. I've looked at rigs, but just too cost prohibitive at the moment for me.

There are loads of newer great projects that are proof of stake that don't need mining and you can get staking rewards (interest).  

Projects like Solana (SOL), Cardano (ADA), VeChain (VET) etc.

3 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

There are loads of newer great projects that are proof of stake that don't need mining and you can get staking rewards (interest).  

Projects like Solana (SOL), Cardano (ADA), VeChain (VET) etc.

I'll have to look into those tonight.

Thanks Aaron.

On 8/24/2021 at 5:27 PM, Godsmack said:

I'll have to look into those tonight.

Thanks Aaron.

I am still on buying pinched of ETH, I have the BlockFi CC getting 3.5% back in BTC, and buy small amounts of XLM on a semi regular basis.

I am too stupid to be cutting edge

13 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I am too stupid to be cutting edge

I can help with info if you are interested.  Been diving into this to diversify even more.

Honestly, it is to the point where I think most anyone with substantial savings, needs to consider. 

On 8/27/2021 at 3:27 PM, ///M5 said:

I am interested then. :)

What is your risk comfort level?

Asking as there are the big stabilizing ones like BTC and ETH for example, but the majority of the huge percentage gains are coming from actual alt coins (not shit coins) that are strong projects with big following online.  Plus, if you can get staking rewards (interest) it can be even more of a positive return.  Example, I have Solana (SOL) and started buying pinches when it was around $27.  It has since catapulted to over $110, and all the while I am getting over 6% interest.  In a matter of less than 2 months, it became my #3 crypto holding.  But, Solana is not as typical as most alt coins that are rising.  Some of the projects are pretty amazing for what they are working on.  

If you want to start of safe and simple, I can help get you up and running on BlockFi (has basically become a bank for crypto).  Its very simple overall.  You transfer in cash, it converts to GUSD.  GUSD is a stable coin that matches its value to the dollar and is getting 7.5-8% interest.  When you are wanting to buy BTC for example, you use that GUSD that was the transferred in cash.

My join code: https://blockfi.com/?ref=e72a96e8 just need to enter e72a96e8 when they ask for the referral code.

BlockFi list of coins so far:

blockfi.PNG 

Risk depends on amount really.  Just found out an employee of mine is retiring at age 50.  He made $500k on a real estate transaction a few years back and put nearly all of it in bitcoin.  The dude made around $100k/yr for the past 8 years and is retiring.  I am shocked.

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Risk depends on amount really.  Just found out an employee of mine is retiring at age 50.  He made $500k on a real estate transaction a few years back and put nearly all of it in bitcoin.  The dude made around $100k/yr for the past 8 years and is retiring.  I am shocked.

Bitcoin is finite and no more will every be minted (unlike the dollar), so Bitcoin has morphed into a store of value, like the digital gold.  Heck, I buy $10 of BTC each dip day.

On 9/1/2021 at 12:24 PM, Aaron Clinton said:

Bitcoin is finite and no more will every be minted (unlike the dollar), so Bitcoin has morphed into a store of value, like the digital gold.  Heck, I buy $10 of BTC each dip day.

That is a damn fine idea. Any specific dip % you look at or to buy below?

Also that is the easiest and best explanation I have seen Aaron. Kudos!

6 hours ago, Godsmack said:

That is a damn fine idea. Any specific dip % you look at or to buy below?

Also that is the easiest and best explanation I have seen Aaron. Kudos!

Percentage of a dip can vary much more in crypto than in stocks, so a 3% dip on a stock is very tasty to jump on, where a 3% dip on BTC isn't all that much.  To be honest, you could dollar cost average and in the long run be just golden.  In addition, with staking rewards (interest/dividends) in crypto now, it helps stabilize the pricing a little and rewards holding the coins for the long term.  There are loads of sites with great info and metrics.  I can help for sure.  My investment account performance has been strong, but the crypto accounts are destroying it in everyway.

I need to have a beer with you and talk.  I literally don't have any idea what bitcoin even is.  I am a bit tongue in cheek there, but I can't invest in something I don't understand.

On 9/3/2021 at 3:48 PM, Aaron Clinton said:

Percentage of a dip can vary much more in crypto than in stocks, so a 3% dip on a stock is very tasty to jump on, where a 3% dip on BTC isn't all that much.  To be honest, you could dollar cost average and in the long run be just golden.  In addition, with staking rewards (interest/dividends) in crypto now, it helps stabilize the pricing a little and rewards holding the coins for the long term.  There are loads of sites with great info and metrics.  I can help for sure.  My investment account performance has been strong, but the crypto accounts are destroying it in everyway.

Fair enough. Honestly I need to diversify more.

On 9/1/2021 at 8:28 AM, ///M5 said:

A workout buddy had some free Doge. Sold it before the huge jump by a couple weeks. 

He had already Had a 500% gain from the original fraction of a cent value on the doge.  Then Elon or some one Tweeted about it. 

We toasted to the yacht someone else got with his doge when he saw the charts. 

On 9/3/2021 at 3:40 PM, ///M5 said:

I need to have a beer with you and talk.  I literally don't have any idea what bitcoin even is.  I am a bit tongue in cheek there, but I can't invest in something I don't understand.

Aaron and I are getting in on the real good investments. 

Dick pic NFT futures. 

Probably shouldn’t even talk about it here.  

What happens on 4^10^10 Chan stays at 4^10^10 Chan. 

On 9/3/2021 at 4:40 PM, ///M5 said:

Bitcoin is the first true digital currency.  Some people are actually using it to buy things or services.  But it has become so valuable, and there are loads of other less expensive options that are cheaper to use and move much faster than Bitcoin, So people have just been buying and holding bitcoin like gold. 

On 9/5/2021 at 1:26 PM, dem beats said:

A workout buddy had some free Doge. Sold it before the huge jump by a couple weeks. 

He had already Had a 500% gain from the original fraction of a cent value on the doge.  Then Elon or some one Tweeted about it. 

We toasted to the yacht someone else got with his doge when he saw the charts. 

DOGE is fun and all, but it is inflationary, (less so than the US dollar which is sad), but still from an investment stand point, DOGE isn't the best one by a long shot.

Anyone else riding this run up?

5 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Anyone else riding this run up?

Nope. Been watching it though. I need to get an account and start investing more.

J

12 hours ago, Godsmack said:

Nope. Been watching it though. I need to get an account and start investing more.

J

I am not diving much into the meme / rocky coins.  Mostly accumulating the big major projects that have real growth.  ALGO and VET are two strong ones to get into cheaply and easily.  SOL is a monster that is going to keep running.

Loading, slowly before the next run.  Sticking mostly to fix supply, top tier projects.

BTC, LTC, QNT, ALGO, ADA, 

Letting interest compound on DOT, SOL, LINK, FET, ZEC, ATOM, DAI, USDC,

I am still in on this, slowly accumulating good shit, just waiting it out.

Still in, still accumulating small amounts every so often.  Mostly BTC, ETH, pinches of LTC, ADA, ALGO, QNT and LINK, letting XLM, SOL, and ATOM compound.