E5.0

Hiding subs at night.

Just curious how you guys (and girls) cover your subs when leaving your vehicle for the night. I need a new ideal and I'm sure I'm not the only one getting bitched at by the wife for stealing a bed sheet to cover my subs at night. Wish my truck had a trunk to hide them in. 

On 11/14/2021 at 11:55 AM, E5.0 said:

Just curious how you guys (and girls) cover your subs when leaving your vehicle for the night. I need a new ideal and I'm sure I'm not the only one getting bitched at by the wife for stealing a bed sheet to cover my subs at night. Wish my truck had a trunk to hide them in. 

Dark tint would be my first suggestion, what vehicle is it?

I don't see the point.  If you're bumpin, people know, so hiding them does nothing.

ON the tint thing, that's also a sign for thieves.  Just like backing in tight to a building.  I've actually heard them mention this stuff. 

5 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

I don't see the point.  If you're bumpin, people know, so hiding them does nothing.

ON the tint thing, that's also a sign for thieves.  Just like backing in tight to a building.  I've actually heard them mention this stuff. 

Good luck in Texas trying to find out which car has a system because of tint, almost every car down here has tint. I know thieves try to target cars without tint but never knew it was target if you had tint too (learn something new everyday). I always back in spaces even before I had a system, it makes leaving a parking space so much easier. I hear you but Id rather take some measures to try and secure my system even if it is a warning to thieves. But as long as people are dumb enough to drive around with car audio stickers on their windows, I should be ok. 

All you can do is not bump around your neighborhood and make sure nobody is following you anywhere, even with my gun on me that always isnt enough. If somebody wants it bad enough they will take it, just be smart about it and jam on. 

Edited by jcarter1885

Thanks for the help guys. just tinted the windows a little more than factory on the f150, makes me feel a little better. Also I never bump my music anywhere near my neighborhood hood and it helps the parking spots are so tight you can't get a box out of the backseat.