Sign in to follow this  
Grim

The BagTrick

Guy with the escalade i think theres some issues with that install. should be louder than that @ 25hz imo. i had 2 15"s American Bass DX, with an kicker 2500.1 @ 1.5 ohms nominal and i could do small hair tricks with passangers in the Front seat. enclouser have alot to do with that. personally id do some 45 degree angles threwout the box, then Resin the entire inside of the box. Flare all square edges. this helps improve air flow and reduce turbulence/Restrictions.also it helps to have the back windows rolled up also.

sean is right about port length.

as to the bag trick, the boss's escalade has a pair of 18" solo xs, in 14.75ft^3 net, tuned to 30hz with 200in^2 of port. pushing this monster is a memphis 4kw @ 1ohm. electrical is a yellow top up front, blue top in back, 1/0 wire and big three and a dual alternator set up giving about 310amps of power(iraggi 220 and a stock ford 90). it does a 140 @ 25hz and a 151.6 @ 50 hz on the tl and we have yet to pull of a hair trick or bag/ shirt trick. his rear hatch glass flex out enough that we think that's where the air is going, or possibly the sunroof. so those are areas you might check as well. if the air finds a escape before your window, that could be your issue.

i'd also add a bit more power. the 'lade will be getting a second 4kw soon. hehe

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Quite Honestly, the rear cargo window moves almost 1/4in away from the seal when the bass hits, so that very well may be where the air is going.

I have more to say but i took this time off from work to go pick up my dog from the hospital after a long couple weeks...so ill write when i get back and get him setteled in..

Guy with the escalade i think theres some issues with that install. should be louder than that @ 25hz imo. i had 2 15"s American Bass DX, with an kicker 2500.1 @ 1.5 ohms nominal and i could do small hair tricks with passangers in the Front seat. enclouser have alot to do with that. personally id do some 45 degree angles threwout the box, then Resin the entire inside of the box. Flare all square edges. this helps improve air flow and reduce turbulence/Restrictions.also it helps to have the back windows rolled up also.

box is resined, inside and out. 1" mdf. all port edges rounded over. no 45s, but it's a daily box, not intended for super high output. and yep, i understand about turbulence and stuff, lol.

and the rear window doesn't roll down, it's a hatch. 2002 escalade. no issues with the install save the subs are getting less then half the power they can handle. and the truck is falling apart around the subs, lol.

grim, i'd wager your hatch is giving up the air just as scott's is. his hatch is moving out close to half inch or so, you can feel the air leaving, lol. we plan on trying it again one day with people pushing on vital areas.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I just want to ask, was I wrong about the port being shorter if the box is substantially larger? If I'm wrong about that please tell me. I know that if he's using the same size box the port'll be larger for a larger area port, but if he makes the port only a little bigger and the box a good bit bigger, would that not make his port size go down? If I'm wrong I appologize, but I think I'm right on that part. I still agree with sean's statement, but I thought he was making the box over a foot bigger.

Only wrong part was you assumed it was going to be larger (I know it was discussed) and that wasn't clear in your answer. There is also some leeway in the word substantially. It could be possible to make the box larger, increase the port area, and still have to add length to compensate or perhaps not.

The truth in your statement is larger box with the same port area has a shorter port for the same frequency, but once you change more than one variable it depends on which one you change the most. I originally read your reply as no change to the box, just make the port area larger and the length shorter.

Damn, i wanna suv so i can do tricks.... Damn trunk vehicles.

Maybe i'll just get an extended cab truck and do a wall someday.

i want to try a hair trick sometime

this classify as bag trick? about a min in, after all the crap where i was bored

it will be alot better when i get an alt, all thats still on my stocker :(

th_BTL18s.jpg

BAMA: Thats a nice clean setup you have there. I really like how clean your box is. Did you build that? If you did, nice job! Whoever did.....its real nice.......

Well After thinking about it, I guess ill just need to go taller..i didnt want to because if If i keep it under 17in tall, I can use the tannoue cover to conceal it when parked....

So can anyone help me out with the box? Im thinking 8 cubes at 32hz...

I just need to know what I would have to do for the port if I wanted to fire back....and out the bottom...

Alright, i figured one thing out, when i first set it i had the bEQ turned up a little, now its down to 2...cause i was fudgeing with it last night.

Can it hurt anything by turning it up? Should i pull out the DMM again?

Maybe I just lost the Wow factor. I mean at first it just felt like it moved my whole body...everyone else is impressed, and well its definitly loud as fudge from the outside..

Well, I guess it goes back to the 'what happens when we assume saying'. I see where you are coming from.

Grim, what are the dimensions you have to work with?

40x......

Cant be anymore than 40 wide...no deeper than 26in...

I guess I can go up to 20 tall...

This summer I may invest in a LCD rear view mirror...then disconnect the backup camera from my Head unit and plug into that, that way I can build a wall and use alot more space....for now, I need to be able to see out back

BAMA: Thats a nice clean setup you have there. I really like how clean your box is. Did you build that? If you did, nice job! Whoever did.....its real nice.......

i got complemented by steve meade... :woot::fing34:

me and 2 local friends did it

Well the wow factor is there....

I got to be DD last night for a bunch of my friends. So after we all piled into the jeep, one of my buddies who loves car audio wanted me to crank it. He just looked at me and mouthed the words Holy chit...

So later we are just cruising and I have some Ying Yang Twins wanging and mt buddy in the back taps me on the shoulder and says can you turn this down until im done smoking...

So i turn it down and ask "problems?" and he just looks at me and goes dude, I cant inhale the smoke...

I noticed that to, I mean I can smoke, but it makes it feel like my throat is closing up from the vibrations, and it litterally takes your breath away. If you try to breath in during a heavy bass note, its hard to breath in...

Well the wow factor is there....

I got to be DD last night for a bunch of my friends. So after we all piled into the jeep, one of my buddies who loves car audio wanted me to crank it. He just looked at me and mouthed the words Holy chit...

So later we are just cruising and I have some Ying Yang Twins wanging and mt buddy in the back taps me on the shoulder and says can you turn this down until im done smoking...

So i turn it down and ask "problems?" and he just looks at me and goes dude, I cant inhale the smoke...

I noticed that to, I mean I can smoke, but it makes it feel like my throat is closing up from the vibrations, and it litterally takes your breath away. If you try to breath in during a heavy bass note, its hard to breath in...

I love that. it makes me happy.

HAha yeah, oh and i forgot, friday when i was coming home from work, i drove through a side street and was waiting at an intersection where its pretty quiet. This older lady is walking in front of me, and i have 2 step on....she kinda looks at me cause the music is loud but keeps walking...when the bass line dropped i think she chit her pants...she fudgeing jumped 10 feet in the air..not literally but it definitely startled her...

Thats mean-poor old lady. :( my moms 70, she heard my system and told me I was retarded.

Must really sound good though.

Well I didnt do it on purpose and she wasnt 70..lol more like late 40's

Im only 20 so when i say older, its usually 40-50

Right now I have a nice design for 8 cubes @ 32hz with 98Sq In of Port area.

Will fit perfect and has the rear firing port like I wanted.

Is it worth it? I mean more volume?

If you're doing a larger box I'd still try to get atleast a little more port area. You'll probably be happy with it either way.

Damn man.............damn...........I gotta see this when I get home!!!

J

i want to try a hair trick sometime

this classify as bag trick? about a min in, after all the crap where i was bored

it will be alot better when i get an alt, all thats still on my stocker :(

th_BTL18s.jpg

NICE..............I wish I had vids of the old truck..............

J

Sign in to follow this