///M5

Why loudspeakers should all be rated at 1W/1m

holy jesus!, r u back jay?

I am really confused about this. Should I get D2 for 1 ohm or D1 sub for 0.5 ? Or maybe 2 ohms ?

At 0.5 it requires more juice(more batteries, alternator, wires) and it stresses the system.

I understand it that way- when you are playing at 0.5 it is more resistant and you have to throw more power to have the same output in sound. Then why shouldn't I wire to 1 ohm, having less resistance than 0.5, thus resulting I don't have to throw so much power at the subwoofer to make the same output in sound, and not so much stressing to the amp and my electrical installation?

I am a :noob: Please someone explain to me. :)

Actually .5 ohms is less resistance than 1 ohm. But you're missing the point of this thread. This isn't talking about getting a D1 or D2 option on a single sub. It's about the design of the speaker itself in the grand scheme of things. Whether you get a D2 sub and wire it to 1 ohm and put 1,000 watts on it or get the D1 version and wire to 0.5 ohm and put 1,000 watts on it is irrelevant. Those instances will in all likelihood have the exact same output. It would take a complete redesign of the motor to have the effects this thread is talking about.

wow... this info just rocked my brain, it will take a while for this to settle in :trippy:

holy jesus!, r u back jay?

Never really left, just doing a lot of reading and checking out pics.