Sign in to follow this  
dopey

3'rd magnet/HiXMax option for BL?

Looking for 2x BL with 3'rd magnet/HiXMax/dual 2ohm/flatwound/cooled/daily/non-universal/regular lead option group.

I wouldn't think that adding magnets would be a bad thing...

Could the larger BTL magnets be used instead? Would this benefit the design any?

What about 3?

well if they used BTL slugs then the sub would be a BTL and would cost you a bit more than a BL. everybody just calm down pleaseeeee

well if they used BTL slugs then the sub would be a BTL and would cost you a bit more than a BL. everybody just calm down pleaseeeee

A BL and a BTL don't use the same soft parts.

Therefore it would NOT be the same woofer.

I just want to know how much...

Not gonna happen, if you want BTL slugs then order a BTL.

You gain absolutely nothing other then the slugs are going to overhang the top and bottom plates by a long shot...and really mess the flux field up. (In turn creating a woofer that is sub par to the FEA optimized BL motor with the standard BL series slugs)

A 3 slug BL might be entertained in the future, but right now no. Doing so requires more testing on our part and we're strapped badly for time as it is now. So look in the future for the possibility of the option, but at this day and time not quite yet.

The cone/surround profile is a little different on the BL, however it does use the same spiders and coil(s) as the BTL does (minus the hixmax)

ps. jizm, don't do that again...keep that bs on ca.com

You gain absolutely nothing other then the slugs are going to overhang the top and bottom plates by a long shot...and really mess the flux field up. (In turn creating a woofer that is sub par to the FEA optimized BL motor)

A 3 slug BL might be entertained in the future, but right now no.

The cone/surround profile is a little different on the BL, however it does use the same spiders and coil(s) as the BTL does (minus the hixmax)

Whataya know.

:)

Oh, I was right! Sorry about that!

Carry on. :)

nG

You gain absolutely nothing other then the slugs are going to overhang the top and bottom plates by a long shot...and really mess the flux field up. (In turn creating a woofer that is sub par to the FEA optimized BL motor with the standard BL series slugs)

A 3 slug BL might be entertained in the future, but right now no. Doing so requires more testing on our part and we're strapped badly for time as it is now. So look in the future for the possibility of the option, but at this day and time not quite yet.

Perfect. An easy to understand, highly informative answer.

Thank you. :OhYeah:

No problem man, glad i could help.

Nick

Stop trying to win that 250 dollar credit from scott.....

j/k man

Seriously nick knows his chit no wonder scott placed him on the slave list

:) master and slave...he works us hard around here i swear...damn slavedriver :P

In the 4 runner yep, single id8v3 ported in 1 cube with 2 2.5" vents 13" long...~60 watts

Sounds good, gets loud..i cant find anything to beat it :)

In the Celica i've got a SSD 12 with the copper coil on a dei1100d for time being...

Sign in to follow this