Sign in to follow this  
Jybfan04

FI SSD 12 D1 Copper Coils

The SSD is a great sub...

:fing34:

The SSD is currently being powered by a SAZ-1500d on my stock electrical along with my beautiful Pioneer 860mp as the captain of the ship

Anywho

When I first purcahsed the sub I only had a 4.5 cu ft ported enclosure for its home and well lets say it was a great experience to say the least.

4.5 cu ft review:

4.5 cu ft enclosure didn't really provide the SQ that I was looking for but it was loud and allowed it to produce a substantial amount of spl. Very noticable to the point it would tickle my ears and this is one sub mind you had friends that rode in my car think I had 2 subs. I enjoyed the 4.5 cu ft enclosure but due to me having copper coils and reading more and more up on it I felt that I was missing out alot on the low end of things because the copper coils were designed to work better with smaller enclosures. The sub had a pretty good low end but felt it has more left in it. It gets a lil peaky on the higher frequencies but im hoping I can smooth alot of that out with a bit of tweaking.

Dual 2 cu ft review:

now onto the other enclosure that I own I let a buddy borrow my dual 2 cu ft enclosure and was waiting till he got back into town from school so we can swap becuase the 4.5 cu ft is his. So currently I have the ssd in on of the sides of the box and the net for the box is approximately 4 cu ft so when I go to purchase another ssd it will fit nice and snug next to its brother. I am still testing the sub and the gains are minimal dropping it down to a smaller enclosure actually im a little bit upset that I lost the spl that I was fond of with the 4.5 cu ft however I have noticed that the sub is a little bit louder to the ear but im sure with the meter the 4.5 cu ft will have produced some better numbers. the 2 cu ft enclosure has a lot of sq more sq than I really want but again I still have some tweaking to do so I will keep you guys updated as I find that sweat spot for this sub.

Thanks Scott for a great product and I will be contacting you soon because I have a few questions to ask you before I purchase another ssd.

jyb

Thank god i am not the only one that noticed that to the ear this sub really gets louder in smaller enclosures....

Is the encluseres sealed, ported (if ported what tuning and sqr feet)

I have my 2 12 in a 1.0 (total 2.0 cubes) sealed enclosure and it just slams...

I had it in a 1.2 (total 2.4 enclosure) and the 1.0 seamed to be much louder (to the ear)...

Eh it's in my review if you want the details...

Oh BTW what you got the amp running at....?

saz-1500D is a beast so i'm wondering how the sub is handling it's power??

fixed the title, good review

Do you mean D2 copper coils?

Nope I meant D1 sir :takepix:

The sub is in a dual cu ft enclosure at about 2 cu ft per chamber believe its tuned to around the area of 32-35 can't remember which exactly it is. Please do remember this is only a single sub can't wait till I have the funds available to order another to join its brother.

I have the sub wired down to 2 ohm recieving about 800 watts not exactly sure how many due to the factoring of voltage drops on my stock alt and impendence rise and all that other stuff..

Good review, can you repost a copy in the product review section here?

Thanks for the review. Im figuring you were the one I sent out the D1 copper proto coils to... as I did make one for a customer(and with my awful memory at this point, I couldnt tell you who it was if my life depended on it). I need to get them up on the web shortly as well since I was very happy with the results in testing (worked just like the original D2s).

Thanks,

Scott

Ah ok, changed back then lol.

Thanks for the review. Im figuring you were the one I sent out the D1 copper proto coils to... as I did make one for a customer(and with my awful memory at this point, I couldnt tell you who it was if my life depended on it). I need to get them up on the web shortly as well since I was very happy with the results in testing (worked just like the original D2s).

Thanks,

Scott

Yea because if I remember my email correctly I was the first to test out the proto coils which I do need to speak with you about.

:fing34:

Sign in to follow this