Aaron Clinton

Introducing the first SSA subwoofer

First off, let me say this is a huge announcement for our little website/forum/shop. Mark and I have dreamed of having our own line of speakers for a long time. The biggest issue was the sheer cost to start one. Recently we came across an unreal offer we had to jump on, which we are dearly greatful for. My first and foremost desire was to make a great Sound Quality subwoofer that the masses could afford. Also, I wanted to make a durable daily driver subwoofer that could handle some power with out breaking a sweat. The other wish was to have a subwoofer with the ablity to get loud in the right enclosure, not record breaking loud, but respectable if someone wanted to compete with it in a street class be it SQ or SPL. I was able to get that in one driver. This is not meant to be a world beater, this is simply meant to be a great sounding sub at a great price with the needs that I felt people wanted. Keep in mind this is just the prototype and I am in the early stages of testing. The T/S parameters will be up later along with other vital info, such as name and cost. This topic is just simply to announce the start of our little venture. I have been keeping this a secret for a long time and it has been very hard not to say anything. Yes you may see some things that look similar to other subs on the market, but trust me, this is its own design.

More info will come in time, so without any more yapping from me, I want to introduce the first SSA prototype:

6922580256.jpg

6922580232.jpg

6922580253.jpg

I hope you like it so far, more pictures to come later too.

post-3-1173669546_thumb.jpg

post-3-1173669620_thumb.jpg

I like it, and the idea...............Now make some midbass and I'll have all SSA site authorized in the car.............well the HU will still be Pioneer.

J

Hells yeah!

Can you give any hints on price and power?

Looks schweet! :lickscreen:

The approx rms will be in the 850-925 range. As for price, we are aiming to stay under the $250 mark.

looks like your going to have to change you display pic to one with a dog and the new SSA sub in it! :P

Edited by johny24

looks like your going to have to change you display pic to one with a dog and the new SSA sub in it! :P

As soon as ferdinand can clear up some time in his schedule I will snap a pic. :)

Actually, our prototype does not look too much different from the prototype that is in my avatar. ;)

edit:from this view

Looks good so far, Aaron. People are naturally going to call it other subs because of the affordable stock parts, but I look forward to seeing and hearing more!

I just don't want people thinking "oh that looks like such and such so it must be the same thing" (ie. MAG and Q)

Good job Aaron and Mark!

I just don't want people thinking "oh that looks like such and such so it must be the same thing" (ie. MAG and Q)

It could look like a bunch of stuffs.

Doesn't mean it sounds or performs like one! ;)

I'm excited.

nG

Awesome - nice work guys!

If you keep it within your estimated price range, count me in for sure.

It could look like a bunch of stuffs.

Doesn't mean it sounds or performs like one! ;)

I'm excited.

nG

Me too, even though it will probably be low production numbers to start with, if we sell a few and people like them, then it was a success in my eyes.

Looking good guys. What vc configurations are you considering?

ssa-sub.jpg

Thanks Lukas,

we are starting with dual 2 ohm copper coils. If demand is there we will consider more voice coil configurations.

Awesome - nice work guys!

If you keep it within your estimated price range, count me in for sure.

We should be on target for that price range. Maybe a few dollars below the above stated amount.

Time line for release? I am taking leave summer time and would like to order some.

J

Also release time (approx) and Logo?? Do we have a nother contest?

J

J

SSA already has a nice logo, I don't think there's any need for them to hold a logo contest (though I wouldn't be against it ;)).

The plan is to use the standard SSA logo. Clean and simple.

J

There is no set release date. But I do not forsee any major changes that need to be done to the prototype, so maybe some minor adjustments it could hit production faster than average.

J

There is no set release date. But I do not forsee any major changes that need to be done to the prototype, so maybe some minor adjustments it could hit production faster than average.

I want two no matter what!!!

J

I got some good ear time on the proto last night. Honestly I was suprised with the output in a sealed box for a single 12. I am playing around with different sizes to get the best sealed box design.