Sign in to follow this  
Jwebb27

Terminal Size

Like the title says, i was wondering whether the terminals on the FI subs can fit 8g wire or if ill need to go with 12

Terminals are chitty.

Just drill a hole thru the box just bigger than the wire and pass it thru there then caulk it up aterwards.

Or be super trick and use a bolt and a couple of washers to make a terminal "cup"...

Or be superUBER trick and use two pieces of the allthread, youre using as bracing, as the signal distribution for each side

Terminals are chitty.

Just drill a hole thru the box just bigger than the wire and pass it thru there then caulk it up aterwards.

Or be super trick and use a bolt and a couple of washers to make a terminal "cup"...

Or be superUBER trick and use two pieces of the allthread, youre using as bracing, as the signal distribution for each side

Or maybe he wants to know how big of a wire you can fit on the sub terminals...

I dont plan to use actual terminals on my box. Im just curious as what guage each voice coil terminal can take. Sorry if i wasnt clear in the original post.

Was also curious approximately how much 1/0 is needed for big 3, and a run from stock batt. to trunk? Install vehicle is an 06 grand prix

Edited by Jwebb27

What sub do you have?

If you are wiring in parallel a pair of 12awg wires will fit, otherwise 8awg is a tight squeeze with a single run...10awg is fine.

Thanks

-Nick

I used that bolt thing and was able to fit a run of 8 guage to each terminal, but you could not fit 2 wires in there together.

I want a sub with 2 awg terminals!!!!!!

And Nick I have plans for my subs!!!!!!

J

Sign in to follow this