Sign in to follow this  
Godsmack

Amplifier Resistence

I was thinking about speaker and amplifier resistence with all these RMS threads and Iron laws going around........I remember once checking the ohms of my driver which was a dual 2 ohm driver.......it was 2.12 ohm in the box and 1.97 out of the box...........when the sub was hooked up to the amp (amp shut off and no music) the resistence was like 2.75 or 3 ohms............why would this be?

J

I was thinking about speaker and amplifier resistence with all these RMS threads and Iron laws going around........I remember once checking the ohms of my driver which was a dual 2 ohm driver.......it was 2.12 ohm in the box and 1.97 out of the box...........when the sub was hooked up to the amp (amp shut off and no music) the resistence was like 2.75 or 3 ohms............why would this be?

J

were you measuring through the wires therefore adding the resistance of the wires?

J

Here is an interesting thread that might get you on your way:

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...?showtopic=2690

measuring through the wires both hooked up to the amp and unhook but in the box.......

J