sundownz

End of 0.5 ohm coverage

As of March 31st, 2007 the "Z" series amplifiers will no longer carry 0.5 ohm warranty coverage. You can read a more complete explanation as to why this came about here:

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...?showtopic=7556

Old SAZ-1500D 1/2 ohm warranty coverage thread for amps sold before March 31st:

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...?showtopic=7151

As of March 31st, 2007 the "Z" series amplifiers will no longer carry 0.5 ohm warranty coverage. You can read a more complete explanation as to why this came about here:

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...?showtopic=7556

Good call Jacob.

I have sold a bunch that are running at .5 with no problems at all, but with the lack of expieriance oeople have out there, it is probably best not to cover it.

But I know in a proper installation they work great at .5 :fing34:

I don't think you'll have any issues :)

PS: I just picked up a 2400 myself... and will probably get another. So the Civic looks like it'll be getting 2x 2400s and a DEKA Intimidator along with dual 135 amp alts.

:)

:)

Mine do fine at .5 with 16v system. Never get hot either. If your install is piss poor then yes they will blow . I love the amps, got 2 more on the way.

Even though this is being done to cover your ass against improper installs..........can these SAFELY run strapped at one ohm?? At least for burps?

J

Even though this is being done to cover your ass against improper installs..........can these SAFELY run strapped at one ohm?? At least for burps?

J

They can, people do it all the time. When installed properly and backed with a good electrical system.

I am simply not going to officially support or warranty that load any longer since SO many people get them and do not install them properly and I end up getting all sorts of calls.

I just wanna make certain..........I may have work to start on within first 48 hrs of being back.

J

I give Sundown a TON of credit for even trying this. This would tell me that these amps are overbuilt and made to last. Most amps would go up in smoke or just go into protection.

Let's be realistic...what percentage of people actually upgrade their alternator? Almost none.

Hey jacob, what about running a pair strapped with just a kinetik 2400, car not running for 30 seconds...

I know i am going to have issues with running a pair of 3000'ds full tilt at .5 each amp, so i think i will just run the 3000d's @ 1 ohm each.

Martin,

The amps handle the load no problem... it's just people who don't research how to set them up causing problems. Two of them will burp just fine at 1 ohms strapped (1/2 per amp) with a Kinetik 2400 backing them up. Thirty seconds is a bit long... any reason for not idling the engine?

Street A in db drag is engine off, battery charged at 14.0 volts, 30 seconds to make your score. Batt can't be larger than 800 cubic inches.

Ah. I don't imagine it would be a problem. Hoss' (sometimes on the forum) has his at 1/2 ohm and we have dropped to mid 10s on voltage before demoing the system. They are very tough.

I've burped a single sundown at 0.5ohm with a yellow top with no problems (engine off). I did it over and over. One of my teammates is running two strapped. I dont recall what load. He was doing fine on a yellow top in street A and now has a 2400 IIRC. The amps can handle it, Jacob is just doing a little CYA. Get a someone on the fourms who doesnt know how to properly set their gains and has a 'stock' battery running the amp at 0.5ohm engine off and you have a recepie for disaster with almost any amp. Even at 1ohm that is pushing it.

Question: Since the amps where originally warrantied for two SI Mags in parallel are they still covered at 0.5ohm on SI Mags only?

I have removed all official 1/2 ohm warranty coverage on the amps. Although, I still suggest SI highly if a customer intends to run a 1/2 ohm nominal load anyway.

Mar. 27, 2007 Payment To KLUVKUSTOMS Completed Details -$800.00 USD $0.00 USD -$800.00 USD

:woot:

Question, guys regarding this...

I have 1 dd3515 and 1 1500d right now, with a stock ult and a 2400 in the trunk.

Its running 1 ohm. I want to add another amp and run them both at .5, till i upgrade my sub stage to 2 AQHDs or 2 3515.

Do I have what it takes to run a second 1500D of my electrical and have them both at .5 with out a hitch? or should I just wait and get the second amp when i get the additional subs?

I wouldn't do it, I have 3 of the 1500d's at 1ohm each and two 2400s on stock alt, and that is border line.

No, you will absolutely not be able to run two of them at 1/2 ohm.

Well, one I never argue with Jacob, two, i don't wanna risk my integrity.

So with that said, to run 2 amps at .5 ohm or even 2 amps at 1 ohm. What kinda of electrical should I have, Im lookign to upgrade next car to more then one 2400 and more then one 15"...

HO Alt, and 2 runs of 1/0 and 2 2400s should be plenty right?

Thats a lot of weight looks like im getting an SUV =)

So with that said, to run 2 amps at .5 ohm or even 2 amps at 1 ohm. What kinda of electrical should I have, Im lookign to upgrade next car to more then one 2400 and more then one 15"...

Jacob mentioned that the 1500D can pull 220A at full bore (I think at 1ohm.. maybe it was .5).

You need a 2400 for each amp and yeah two runs of 1/0awg (two for EACH battery) from a minumum 200A alt.

Two 2400s with a 200-300 amp alternator should do nicely. Biggest alternator you can find is advisable, *especially* if you intend to run them at 1/2 ohm.

John is correct, at 1/2 ohm you can draw 220 amps of current.

Two 2400s with a 200-300 amp alternator should do nicely. Biggest alternator you can find is advisable, *especially* if you intend to run them at 1/2 ohm.

John is correct, at 1/2 ohm you can draw 220 amps of current.

Ok thanks guys... I saw some Bstock for sale on ebay, im very tempted to pick an extra one up. Thats just a lot of work to add another 1500D to the setup... I believe im going to wait till i get the new car. Or what not. I wanted to just make sure I didn't blow up my car or catch it on fire, thats all. I hate being that kid who fudges things up and doesnt listen to people who know more... Thanks jacob.