Sign in to follow this  
Mike Troll

Which Options?

A friend of mine is going to be doing a single 15 or 18" BTL in a trunk car. He is considering two amps for the BTL and we are unsure as to what options to add for certain power specs.

First amp is a Orion 2500D (2500 @ 1ohm)

Second Amp is a Sound Stream PCA-2000D (2000 @ 1 ohm)

Which options for each amp? The system will be used for mostly Bass Race and street beating and a burp every now and then at small non sanctioned shows that dont offer a bass race format. We are going to build for music though.

A friend of mine is going to be doing a single 15 or 18" BTL in a trunk car. He is considering two amps for the BTL and we are unsure as to what options to add for certain power specs.

First amp is a Orion 2500D (2500 @ 1ohm)

Second Amp is a Sound Stream PCA-2000D (2000 @ 1 ohm)

Which options for each amp? The system will be used for mostly Bass Race and street beating and a burp every now and then at small non sanctioned shows that dont offer a bass race format. We are going to build for music though.

For Bassrace you will want all options. This is the best config for daily/bassrace. You will want the full cooling, 3rd mag, and hi-xmax coil.

Is he thinking of two amps of the same model one of which is listed here...or do you mean he's going to power his BTL with one Orion 2500D and one Sound Stream PCA-2000D?

Because I wouldn't do it the second way.

I would be concerned with the mental state of someone who would run mismatched amps on one sub....

Thanks for the input Shawn I will have him order it with all options.

Edited by Mike Troll

I would be concerned with the mental state of someone who would run mismatched amps on one sub....

Just making sure...I've heard stranger.

Sign in to follow this