Sign in to follow this  
audio-neon

Which Sub

I have always wanted a 15" or bigger sq sub, but my problem is that the amps i want i can't get due to always being on backorder, so the amps i have settled on would easily overpower a Q 15 Dual 2 ohm vc sub.

Scott is there anyway the sub would handle ~1800 clean watts, or would the btl be a better choice? and go with ~3600 watts.

Unless there is someway you could make me a Q to handle more power. I dont know if it would be an issue, b/c its not like i would be playing it full tilt all day, just at shows and comps for brief periods of time.

The proposed box size is 4.8 ft^3 net, grossing just barely over 4 cu ft, with 48-54 sq inches of port tuned to 31-32 hz.

The two sub amps i am looking at are the Sundown SAZ-1500 (maybe the 1000 if i can get it on pre-order) or the Us Amps M2.d2

I have seen a 15" SSD + flatwind handle 1500, so I would asume the Q+flat could also, but make sure with Scott before you mark my words.

The Q does not have a "flatwind" option, thats not to say that it isnt somehoe available but I think I rememeber the Q for the most part comes how it comes.

why not just set your amps gain with a dmm

I'm not worried about the power, my main question was should i just get a btl, and underpower it until i could afford a second amp, or just get two smaller q's for the sq.

Neon honestly I'd get a BTL

When you hear hos good these subs are you're gonna want to power these things and i promise you'll end up wanting to go louder and lower....

get the Q if your set on loud and daily nice controlled bass with low SQ

get the BTL if you know you're gonna want to upgrade the system in time.....

umm..what about just a Loaded BL?

I heard that a loaded bl is only good for a little over 1500 watts rms, the amps that i am looking at run more than that (obviously the saz1500d is closer to 1500 watts, but if i got dual 1 ohm vc (more like .7) than i could run 2 saz1500d's or two merlin m2.d2's on one btl and give it a good amount of power.

But in all honesty i think i am just gonna save up for a while so i can get a dd z1a when it comes out.

The neon has some other plans and won't be receiving the audio treatment. My next vehicle *sometime around Christmas next year* will be getting the audio-treatment afterwards.

Does anyone know how big of an alt they make for a 5.2/5.9 L dodge Dakota?

I second the Bl start. Kick it off with a BL and a SAZ1500D. Be gentle on the gains and be kind on the volumn. If you want more, toss in another BL and another SAZ1500D. Then you are not going overboard to start with and you have the option of having a great system to work with if you do move up to the second...

And there are a few people running over 1500 Watts to a BL, just be smart about it and get it fully loaded!

I second the Bl start. Kick it off with a BL and a SAZ1500D. Be gentle on the gains and be kind on the volumn. If you want more, toss in another BL and another SAZ1500D. Then you are not going overboard to start with and you have the option of having a great system to work with if you do move up to the second...

And there are a few people running over 1500 Watts to a BL, just be smart about it and get it fully loaded!

Iraggi Alternator Dakota Selection

HO Alternators

Mean Green selection

That ought to get you started!

Sign in to follow this