JimJ

Post Your Home Audio Setups Here!

I'd have a couple photos to show if USPS wasn't jerking me around right now with where my new monitors and sub are atm. Upgrading from some Andrew Jones bookshelves/center and JBL SUB300 to a pair of KEF Q300 and Sunfire SDS-12. Receiver is a Pioneer VSX-1021-K. Not ideal for hifi use, but very utilitarian for HT.

Well after going through hell and back, I finally have my stuff lol. Time for HT pron?

qubamehy.jpg

uvupese2.jpg

7etyzebu.jpg

yzu8a7ev.jpg

8eterese.jpg

aze6a2e9.jpg

6adanu5y.jpg

suru6era.jpg

arugavan.jpg

Very Nice!  I was a fan of those Pioneers for the price.  I have recommended them to friends in the market for some bufdget speakers  I have been told those KEFs are some great speakers, However I have never had the pleasure of listening to a set.  I like the coaxial design (I have to, I have the DC Tannoys) of the KEFs.

Where did you find your vinyl record shelf?  That looks like it would accommodate my record collection and not take a ton of space.

Very Nice!  I was a fan of those Pioneers for the price.  I have recommended them to friends in the market for some bufdget speakers  I have been told those KEFs are some great speakers, However I have never had the pleasure of listening to a set.  I like the coaxial design (I have to, I have the DC Tannoys) of the KEFs.

Where did you find your vinyl record shelf?  That looks like it would accommodate my record collection and not take a ton of space.

Lol don't laugh...

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20135300/#/60135299

And, yes, the Pios were great, but it was time for an upgrade. These Q300s are much more of a Hi-Fi setup than the Pios were and I could immediately tell the difference in tonality between the two. While the Pios are very warm and forgiving with a really steep rolloff on the top, these KEFs just kinda reveal everything (although they're definitely not sibilant). The coaxial design with their little "tangerine waveguides" were a big reason I chose these in lieu of some other designs I was eyeing. Other contenders were the DefTech BP6B, KEF C7, and a couple lifestyle systems like the Energy Take Classic and Boston Soundware XS. Once I stripped my system down to a 2.1, though, I couldn't really go back. Taught me a lot about setting up a HT for proper imaging, especially when I couldn't just let the center channel take care of all the guesswork for me.

Not laughing.  I was looking at a shelf at Target but that is more expensive and bigger as well.

I think you made a good choice on the speakers.  I have not been a fan of any of the Recent Deftechs.  I don't mind the Energys (Energies?) and never heard the Bostons or any Kefs for that matter.  I am definitely a stereo person for music, but I do use my 3.1 for Movies and Games.

Let my KEFs break in for a bit and threw some intentionally-subpar source material at it. That's what the KEFs sounded like on a 320 AAC AirPlay stream from my laptop to an AppleTV. Not half bad...

I recently bought a new system :

• a pair of bookshelf speakers, the Klipsch B20 and
  • a powered sub (Jamo 360). Not the best on music, but it works good enough for me ;)

I run the Klipsch on my Marantz amp (SR 20 something, 10 or 15 yeras-old) and I use the rca out to run the amplified ported subwoofer (ported at 28 Hz according to the specs).

I have a simple dvd player form LG, but it can read almost any disc, and it's usable with the the tv (LG 42") remote. As they stole the dvd remote with the old tv.  :(  :(

I am very happy with this sytem. It sounds much much better than the Bose acoustimass 5 I had before. I bought the Bose used 10 years ago, and it still play.

No 5.1 for me, I'm not into home cinema.

My sound system plays music only. eek5wavey.gif

I bought a brandnew amplifier last year, while I was in Paris : a Cambridge Audio Azur 351. It has 4 HDMI inputs and one output (to the screen).

The sound is marvellous. It's made for home cinema, but with an emphasis on the sound quality, for music pleasure !

Connected by hdmi : My Apple tv, the dvd/cd/player, the sat tv receiver, sometimes the mac 'because the apple tv does not work everytime !).

Connected by rca : my NuForce DAC 1 only. I play from my mac via a usb device, using bluetooth to the DAC. It's one of my best purchase !

Edited by Notorious97200

Pair of Yamaha ns777s and a Yamaha rvx673 receiver in the living room at the moment,

Am most likely just going to add matching center and DIY sub, I like that Yamaha ns444 a few pages back for center. Ive got a mmats pro 15 I want to build a pound that sound style sub in the mouth enclosure for, maybe for a pair of them

I was also given a pair of polk rti12s they don't sound very good off receiver power and a Marantz 8400 receiver

And the rest of it:

47 Vizio , Netflix, Pandora , the hdmi inputs are getting funny- I lost one all together, and the others work as long as only one is plugged in at a time, so everything is routed through the Yamaha receiver and only one hdmi to TV. And I have a tos-link cable from TV back to input of receiver for streaming content right to TV. Will be replaced eventually by 60"+ and 47" going to bedroom

Xbox360 for movies, games

Wii u, games  

Comcast/xfinity HD cable

Chromecast- works ok for mirroring chrome tab, most apps are available through smart TV, I usually connect laptop through hdmi input

IPod control through standard iPod cable to receiver.

Receiver can be set up to pull content off home network I just need to dedicate a decent desktop to set up for use.

Edited by randeez

My set up 51" samsung 1080p 3d led harmon cardon avr5500 7.1 amp soundstage 3d series 6.5" towers soundstage 3d series 5.25" center channel and 5.25" ikon rear bookshelfs and a 12" rockford p2 in a custom 2.02 ft3 box tuned to 34hz.

post-54202-0-09605700-1403588503_thumb.j

post-54202-0-19182200-1403588689_thumb.j

Epson 8350 Projector

Accousticaly transparent 105" screen

Onkyo TX-SR608 Receiver

Wharfedale Zaldek 2000 L R

Wharfedale Zaldek Center

Polk RC65i in wall speakers side and rear surround

Velodyne 10" powered sub X2

HTPC

PS3

Dedicated 20 amp circuit for the HT

Flat dark paint on the walls and ceiling

Blackout shade for the skylight

Eventually I'll get to my sub build. I have an AA Avalanche 18 that'll be in 21 CU FT tuned @15 hz. Running on a Behringer EP2500 through a Behringer feedback destoyer pro. And get some better LCR speakers.

It's hard to get good pics with my camera phone in a room that's normally really dark. I'll try to get some posted up. Here are the rear wall speakers and projector.

20130414_143328-1.jpg

20130613_110345.jpg

20130414_143452.jpg

20130415_121345.jpg

Edited by hondakilla98

Nice, I have been wanting to do a projector setup for years just having had the space lately to correctly pull it off.

Edited by jay-cee

Nice, I have been wanting to do a projector setup for years just having had the space lately to correctly pull it off.

The best part is the sound. I have had large tv's for a while, and I don't miss the low or high placed center channel. This AT screen material is awesome, and you don't see the large towers behind the screen. After the sub is done I'll enclose that whole end of the room. Here's what I have planned. 

PARKERHOMETHEATERDRAWINGSPEAKERLOCATIONS

Here's the sub box design

86402965.jpg

03b3dec8.jpg

sony 65in 4k 850b. klipsch reference line from bestbuy w/12in sub. and yes i need to orginize my wires again. they were all tied up before but i moved it to this wall and hadn't done it again. the tv i love wouldn't change it for anything, but i do want to upgrade the klipsch someday. they sound great but the horns are fairly subtle. i believe the higher end models are quite a bit more for my likeing. the sub is pretty nice too, not really a complaint about it.

009.jpg

Nothing fancy but I love this little thing so far, plus it has some weight to it. Thinking about getting another one and setting one on each side of the room, the sound from this speaker is phenomonal.

med_gallery_7913_639_423178.jpg

med_gallery_7913_639_766214.jpg

med_gallery_7913_639_274624.jpg

Edited by jay-cee

What I have right now is a toshiba soundbar but planning to change it to jbl. I just need a little more bucks for a revamp of my sound system.