JimJ

Post Your Home Audio Setups Here!

Whether you're into two channel audio or multichannel HT...let's see what you've got :fing34:

My Dayton bookshelves, 6" RS mid, $4.60 tweeter

How they looked in my door room:

desk8jd.jpg

Close up of the cross over:

crossover7wk.jpg

Two channel FTW! :P Nah, my receiver struggles to power more than two speakers (I have two big bookshelves that are currently being used by my brother), so I'm some-what forced to run two channel. I've had this set-up for a few years (Probably since my 14th birthday?). It doesn't sound too bad, and considering I paid very little for it(Best Buy's cheapest equipment :P), I'm quite pleased :). My parents refuse to let me use a subwoofer in my room, they think the floor speakers alone have too much bass... I don't feel like getting the exact model numbers for my equipment right now, maybe later ;).

Receiver: KLH

Floor speakers: KLH

CD Changer: KLH

T.V.: RCA

Laptop: Dell

Xbox

Warning: If you click on the thumbnails, they're big :)

1000857zs9.th.jpg

1000858zf7.th.jpg

1000862fe6.th.jpg

1000859uv3.th.jpg

1000860cf9.th.jpg

Edited by Big E

seas ca18 + cheap-arse tweeter

IMG_0418.jpg

sub amp + crossover

IMG_0107resize.jpg

subwoofer. decware deathbox with an rl-i 10

IMG_0132resize.jpg

Don't have an pics of my simple 2 channel set up:

Older Marantz receiver

Sanyo turntable

Klipsch KLF-10 speakers

HT I do have pics:

Denon 3802 A/V receiver

Toshiba DVD player

Optoma H31 projector

CC - Klipsch KLF 10 that I converted

Fronts - KLF 30's

Surrounds - KLF 20's

Rear center - JBL S center

Subs - 4 Tempests (2 each in 17^3 @ 18Hz)

Hypex amp pushing 800 watts

DIY 92" acoustically transparent screen

Hidden subs. Was an IB set up but lacked impact for movies. Was amazing for music, but this is primarily a HT set up, so I put them in low tuned ported boxes. Didn't build them pretty as the cover is always on.

1001104ym3.jpg

1001105le2.jpg

Ordered the cloth from Dazien. Total cost to build was about $100. 92" diag and from 12' away it's BIG!!!

1001106xb9.jpg

Optoma H31 projector. VERY impressive picture for $700. Didn't get HD as I only watch progressive scan DVD's. To me the shear size is what gives the most impact. Pic is right after I ran wires through the wall and mounted it.

1001108os4.jpg

Pic of the "sweet spot" and JBL S center doing rear duty. Had to sell off the KLF-C7, but this one keeps up with no problems. Again room is a mess as it was in construction mode. LOL

1001110gf6.jpg

The "little" center channel that could. 95#'s of audio bliss. VERY life like reproduction of sound and insane volumes when I'm in the mood.

1001113tw0.jpg

Pics don't do justice to the image quality or size of screen. But it has amazing detail and impact. Viewing distance is only about 12' or 14' if reclined on the couch, so it's "almost" too big, which is just right for me.

GF was very supportive of the idea of getting a projector and enjoys it as much as I do. We usually do 1-2 movies per week, so it's been a very worthwhile investment that brings a lot of enjoyment.

1001117pk7.jpg

One more screen shot. I've only done the basic adjustments to the PJ and I'm more than happy, so I haven't bothered to mess with color settings.

I will say that a movie that was shot poorly will be even more noticeable on a big screen. Things like artifacts, poor focus, etc... But something like MI: 3 is stunning beyond belief.

Still need to get a popcorn machine, but other than that I'm VERY satisfied with what I put together for less than $5k.

1001120ez8.jpg

I like...............i've been looking at projectors but I'm not 100% on it yet.

J

hmm...aint got nun much...but it does the job of keepin me entertained

front:

gateway computer speakers...hits reaso but gets crappy when it reaches like around 75%

rear:

altec lansing computer speakers...does the job...for now

2 gem sound horns

subs:

2 12" blast king woofers 150w each in 2 folded horns...over here, once its pro audio and plays anywhere below 60hz...it goes in a folded horn...these woofers sound 200% better than the xplod i had...but i burnt that playin off the same power as i play these subs...and they are all rated at 150w...so screw sony...only problem wid the pair of subs i got rite now is that their cones arent as stiff as the original...as they went through a cheap a$$ recone...

video and all that sucks rite now...as all that i run off of my comp...so u know wat i go through...

my $hit looks rather ghetto compared to wat im seeing up here though...VERY GHETTO...

Here's my setup, its not much yet, but keep in mind, i'm only 19 and have had to buy everything for myself, subwoofer is in the planning.

Yamaha NS-45's for the front *the black ones*

JVC's running as bi-amp on the front channels

chitty hitachi's with replaced woofers and rca bookshelves as the rear.

my tv is my pride and joy,

my amp is meh, pioneer vsx-1015tx. 120w/channel on 7 channels, or 150w/channel @ 6 ohm. ( tempted to run it to 4 but i doubt it would survive)

Picture030.jpg

(excuse the weed on the table :P)

Picture009.jpg

Picture008-1.jpg

Edited by BiNarY

Here are the pics of my LCR. Dayton mids and Morel tweets. Custom X-ovr.

http://www.carstereos.org/gallery/browseim...172&userid=

HT sub. Dayton DVC 15 tuned to 20Hz. Powered by a bash digital 250w plate amp.

http://www.carstereos.org/gallery/browseim...177&userid=

For my surrounds, I am using the Tang Band Bamboo's in the same box that my LCR's are in.

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cf...tnumber=264-846

Soon, I will be getting the Uber woofer........I are le excited.

nice equipment u got there...always a fan of QSC...though for some reason my heart is with Crown...i had a Macrotech 600 and it was just full and clear...loved that amp

nice equipment u got there...always a fan of QSC...though for some reason my heart is with Crown...i had a Macrotech 600 and it was just full and clear...loved that amp

The person I dealt with to get these amps, and the quality of them has me sold on QSC. I have no desire to go and buy anything else at this point. Dosen't help much I got a hell of a deal on them too. :)

yea i got great respect for QSC...especially their high end amps...

saw a rack loaded with 5 PowerLight amps playing at a street jam...aint sure about the model...but looked like Series 3...those bad boys coupled with 20 horn loaded 18" woofers was heavenly...

one amp which im willing to see perform in a home setup is crest amps. heard they were great in pro setups

Hey fellas. Just wanted to post what I added recently to my HT. An 18" FI Q sub powered by a 1000w Dayton plate amp in a 9.5cu box tuned to 28hz. This replaced a 15" SI Mag and I have to say I'm happy. I was happy with the Mag setup I had but wanted something a little deeper. I love the Q. Especially when you consider the cost difference!

Ok. How does the Mag compare to a Q? First off let me say I loved the Mag. A very tight hitting 15 that is capable of much more than I ever demanded out of it. (My house wouldn't forgive me) The Q obviously hits lower and I would say ALMOST just as hard as the Mag. The difference is negligible. Probably completely unoticable to most. Sq? This one is tough. My results are based on a home application so room accoustics plays a big part here. If you were sitting right in front of either sub in a car you should be quite impressed. I had to locate the Q setup to a completely different side of my gameroom. In car audio most say install is everything. Well in HT, sub placement is just as important. How either sub would sound in both spots could be an infinite debate. Looks? The Mag wins this one. I'm happy with either but the Mag's azz won me over. Yeah I'm a pushover. Price? Hands down the Q runs away with this one. An 18" vs a 15" for $200 less? No brainer after comparing the two.

Bottom line? Taking the fact that both hit hard with the edge given to the Mag, with VERY similar sq, and the cost factor, I would give the ribbon to the Q. You just get more for your $$. The Mag holds its' own and then some without complaints. It's also a d@mn fine looking sub with a well earned rep. The $500 price tag however will keep it out of many ppl's hands. Sad really.

Betterpic.jpg

heres my set up after selling my dell projector.

43" Phillips Plasma HDTV

Sony STR-DE885 6.1 Surrond Reciever

Boston Acoustics Front/Rear/Center

Boston Acoustics Powered 10" Subwoofer

homestereo_015.JPG

homestereo_016.JPG

homestereo_017.JPG

I have a set of Dahlquist DQ-10 Speakers with a Kenwood KR6050 Receiver....looking to upgrade my power a bit...a larger amplifier and a pre amp...i also have a Stanton Direct Drive Turntable

here's a picture (that's a 27 inch TV next to them...kind of gives an idea of their size)

CIMG0168-1.jpg

The Dahlquists without the grilles

CIMG0190.jpg