Sign in to follow this  
cjj2d

Love my Mag!!

I have had my 15D2 for a couple weeks now. I have a Tantrum 1200.1 I am going to be pushing it with once I get it running to its full potential (need alt and batt). Currently I am running this beast with a PPI PC2150 (600 watts). I had very high expectations of this sub after all the readings. I have had it in two boxes one a 4.5 cuft ported to 30hz, and currently 2 cuft sealed. I went to the sealed do to size. This sub is very impressive. It hits the looooows, extremely well, better than other 15s I have heard. This being my first time owning a 15 (always had 12s) I was nervous about the recovery from the low tones to the highes. Well the Mag rollsovers from the lows to the high bass notes with no problem. It packs a punch like no other single sub I have heard. On this same PPI amp the Mag out performs my 3 JL 12w3s. It is louder than them and prvides fantastic SQ. This was my first time going with a different driver than JL also, and while I was nervous I am now extremely happy that I made the move and took the chance. Thank you SI!!

I am just mad at myself waiting to order my second one, now they are all gone :thud:

this is what happens after a few minutes with a Mag :denim:

Haha, well I'm glad you like it. :) We hardly ever hear back from our customers, so it's nice to see posts like this. :D:D

I'm ticked off at mine!!! Hooked it up freeair the other days to a MMATS D200HC just for fun and it broke my rearview mirror off the windshield, RUNNING FREE AIR! Thanks Nick! :D

sure its Nick's fault, haha.

If I could only get another one.

yes i dont know why we hardly ever hear reviews of the magnums. thanks for the post, it was a good read. can't wait to get mine installed. hey cjj2 you can still hear your vocal can't you? I mean the mag doesn't drown out all the vocals like in most of the setups i've heard. also how do those hex comps sound?

you can definatly still hear my front stage. I have my Diamond Hex comps running off a PPI PC2150 also (2 x 150) and damn are they loud and clear. I am actually going to turn the amp down a tad cause they are louder than my mag at times. That is why I need a second. I would def recomend Hex components to anyone also (sorry Nick, I know you just put up that new comp page). Thery are loud and clear and can handle some major power.

Dynamat next week!!

I'll do a detailed review once mine is installed :) And Nick that was some friggin fast shipping man. Ordered my sub Wed. night, and was at my house Sat. Morning. The fastest shipping I've ever had!

You got lucky. ;) I work two jobs, so having time off to ship out speakers immediately after they're ordered doesn't happen too often.

I must have got lucky too. I got mine in less than 48 hrs of sending the paypal. Thanks Nick!! oh yeah, I think I found someone that wants to sell me their Mag (won't fit in their truck)