Sign in to follow this  
Casey1217

Q15 numbers

About a week ago i went to my team shop and metered for the first time ever and with this system i have a Q15 in a 5 cubic ft box tuned to 40 htz and i metered at 143.3 but that was with my gain only half on and we still need to round the edges in my box but do you think ill be able to hit over 145 with doing those and im putting 1500 watts into it?

Casey

Well how much power your giving to it now? 2dBs with only turning up the amp would be hard to do unless the gains are almost all the way down.

im putting 1500 watts at 1 im im using a digital audio dad1504 and its around half but also rounding the corners inside the box but its so low i need to find a daily song that plays around 39 htz

I think you can, haha. But really its all about the box. We pretty much have the same set up except for the box, cuz I know my Brutus isnt puting anywhere near 1600watts lol.

BTW what song did you go w/?

Wes

i didnt use a song 39 htz test tone i might go with a box like yours sometime soon to try it out in my jeep

does anyone think a BL will up my numbers with that same enclosure or should i make another enclosure to

damn all these threads are getting me really hopefull...I am unsure of whether or not by 18in BL in 6 cubes(soon to be 8) is going to hit over 140 w/ 1000w

id say if you have the room go with 8 but my best guess would be to ask scott for the recommendations cause im wondering if putting a bl15 in a 5 cube box tuned to 40 htz will work but i havnt asked him yet but i didnt go with their recommendations for my Q and its not doin bad

I would tune lower since the Woofer has alot of output potential below 40hz ported...

Tune it to 33 ~ 35 (around 33 is the PEAK on the db chart)

Then when you meter use a 33 hz Test tone....

In my opinion 40 Hz is a good range for Daily but for SPL you need to take advantage of the subs peak at 33~35hz range....

they recommend what they recommend at Fi for a reason... I did my own thing till i listened to what they recommended and i was pleasantly amazed at the output i got...

does anyone know any good songs that might play at 39 htz or 40 cause i have a comp in a week and i need to find a good song cause i cant use test tones

Ported box we recommend using 2.8-4 cubic feet @ 28-33Hz. Again use 12-16 square inches of vent area per cubic foot of volume.

^^^ Straight from Nick's Q sticky.

4cu sounds like a good idea just make sure to use enough port area.

4 cubes man, Its the magic number for them haha. I think i hurt my hearing a little tonight from doing a demo lol. owww

WES

yea ive hurt my hearing using show stoppers and yea im wondering if itll come back cause my hearing sounds muffled

I would say tune it low too. My Q15's hit a steady 148.xx on the A/C from 34hz-50hz and that is sealed and in a trunk off of an MD2 and stock alt.

Sign in to follow this