Sign in to follow this  
sundownz

SAE-1000D Pre-Order Open

I am opening the pre-order for the SAE-1000D as of today.

Pre-Order Pricing:

1x SAE-1000D = $250

2x SAE-1000D = $450

MSRP pricing is $399 per amplifier.

The due date is April 25th but these things tend to be 1 - 2 weeks late due to delays in transit so that is not a guaranteed ship date. I would expect to ship these, realistically, by May 9th. If you are in a rush I would not place a pre-order due to the possibility of delays.

Paypal to sundownz@sundownaudio.com -- these prices include shipping in the USA. If you want to pre-order in Canada you must contact Steve Ross @ Smart Auto Sound Solutions in Canada.

Pre-Order will be open until April 25th, after that you will have to wait until dealers get them! :)

Specifications:

1000W x 1CH @ 1 ohms

600W x 1CH @ 2 ohms

300W x 1CH @ 4 ohms

25A x 3 fuses

260(W) x 51(H) x 294(L)mm

Other specs are roughly the same as the SAZ-1500D.

Final cosmetics will look like the new proto SAE-75.2 and SAE-50.4 amplifiers. The circle graphic was dropped and the size of the "Sundown Audio" text was increased.

Will that pricing remain for a small time after the preorder?

Not this time around.

dont forget to tell them 2000 @ 2 ohms strapped :-)

ur welcome for the reminder

ill be getting a second one, do they look much different than my proto?

Jake will you be bringing the proto of this amp with the other amps were testing.

I'm interested in one for the g/fs car

Canadian pricing? if possible.

1 x SAE1000D $325cdn

2 x SAE1000D $585cdn

Regular Retail $499cdn each

Edited by Smartass.bz

Jake will you be bringing the proto of this amp with the other amps were testing.

I'm interested in one for the g/fs car

Chad,

The last proto is in a friends car right now, if I can get together with him I'll bring it.

dont forget to tell them 2000 @ 2 ohms strapped :-)

ur welcome for the reminder

ill be getting a second one, do they look much different than my proto?

Mike,

A friend of mine has the other proto. I can swap his out for you wehn the production models come in so your two will look the same.

Is that true about 2000@ 2 ohms strapped? Also, what kind of amperage draw would I expect with that setup (ie what kind of electrical do I need to pull it off)

that sounds great, however im thinking i should finish 1 project at a time, and im thinking of prob getting a 100.2 first or doiing both at once.

Mike

Is that true about 2000@ 2 ohms strapped? Also, what kind of amperage draw would I expect with that setup (ie what kind of electrical do I need to pull it off)

That is correct, you will get roughly 2000 watts strapped @ 2 ohms. The official rating is 1800 @ 2 ohms strapped but you should see closer to 2k with good voltage supply. I would expect around 200 amps of actual draw at full tilt... more like 150 amps with real music. I would suggest a large secondary 1000CA+ deep cycle for that and/or a HO alternator.

Mike,

That is fine. When I get production units in I'll just swap his out and save the other proto for you when you are ready to buy so yours will match!

DaGh0st,

These amps aren't crazy like the SAZ-1500D. Expect 1,000 watts RMS and no more, and don't expect to run 1/2 ohm on these either. But, I consider them a good value and their small footprint will be great for alot of folks.

Warranty is the same as all Sundown amps. Two years standard limited warranty, with the 5 year offer for a discounted replacement no matter what (if you dropped it out of your car on the highway and can send in the carcass you can buy a new one directly from me at a discount compared to a new one -- as an example).

Sounds great.

+1 for Sundownz in my book for haveing a great owner and giveing the customers great deals.

MMmmm must resist purchasing mass amounts for a vehicle I don't have. Or sub to get powered. :lickscreen:

would these amps handle .7 ohms on a healthy power supply (like a 180 amp alt, and a pair of kinetik hc1400's?.... If i ran 4 of them at .7 ohms, lol.

Anyways, if I wanted more than two *unless there is a limit* is it just 200 dollars for every amp after the first one, or is there even more of a discount, if i bought 4 of 'em.

Is 0.7 ohms the DC Resistance? If it is the DCR then I would expect them to do okay, if the DCR is any lower I would be concerned about protection and overheating as these amps are quite small in size. What subs are you running and have you measured them with a DMM to see the real DCR with speaker wire and whatnot?

The discount stops at 225 dollars per amp, as is the price for two amps. As a fully shipped price that is incredibly low and won't be seen again anywhere after the pre-order sale.

I will get one of my protos back from a friend in the next week or two (you have time to wait as the pre-order will still be running) and I will beat on it at a 0.7 ohm DCR and get back to you.

Is 0.7 ohms the DC Resistance? If it is the DCR then I would expect them to do okay, if the DCR is any lower I would be concerned about protection and overheating as these amps are quite small in size. What subs are you running and have you measured them with a DMM to see the real DCR with speaker wire and whatnot?

The discount stops at 225 dollars per amp, as is the price for two amps. As a fully shipped price that is incredibly low and won't be seen again anywhere after the pre-order sale.

I will get one of my protos back from a friend in the next week or two (you have time to wait as the pre-order will still be running) and I will beat on it at a 0.7 ohm DCR and get back to you.

I was looking at getting 4 of them and strapping them (pair per vc) on Fi Btl 15 Dual 2 ohm (1.4 dcr) sub woofer.

The electrical system was going to be a 180 amp (at idle) irragi alt and 2 kinetik 1400 or 1800's.

I was looking at getting 4 of them and strapping them (pair per vc) on Fi Btl 15 Dual 2 ohm (1.4 dcr) sub woofer.

The electrical system was going to be a 180 amp (at idle) irragi alt and 2 kinetik 1400 or 1800's.

I'll get my proto back and beat the sense out of it and let you know how it does :) I don't expect that you would have any issue with four of them on a single BTL, but I'll make sure for you.