Sign in to follow this  
sundownz

SAE-1000D Pre-Order Open

For all those that wanted to know the measurements in inches, here ya go:

10.25" (W) -Approx

11.50" (L) - Approx

2" (H) - Approx

just looking for info no insults.... i was considering buying 2 Rockford T5001bd amps they are rated at 980w @ 1 ohm. the money is about the same, the rockfords use 3 40 amp fuses? just wonding what is going to be better Sundown or the Rockfords.

Thanks for any replys.... educate me please.. i am running 2 10" FI Q subs in a small sealed enclosure.

1. You are on the SUNDOWN forum, what do you think we'll say?

2. You can talk to the owner Jacob, can you talk to the RF owner? No. If there's any concern he'll know what to do.

3. Fuses dont mean much

4. Sundown's warranty is far better then RF. Sundown even has the 5 year discounted replacement. Ask the users, sundown is solid.

5. The price is the same because this is preorder. Your getting a $400 msrp amp for 250.

The only Rockford T5001bd amps I find within the price range of this pre-order are refurbished with 90 day warranties -- and they still cost a bit more. Brand new ones look like around $550 shipped per pair on e-bay with, at best, a 1 year warranty through an e-bay seller.

The Rockford T5001bd goes for $499 fully authorized at Crutchfield, down from the $649 MSRP, with a factory warranty. Sonic Electronix sells them for $369 with their own 1 year warranty.

The RF amp looks pretty solid, don't get me wrong. But apples to apples if you consider support and warranty this pre-sale is a better deal. You also have the option to strap the SAE-1000D whereas the RF does not have that feature.

The only Rockford T5001bd amps I find within the price range of this pre-order are refurbished with 90 day warranties -- and they still cost a bit more. Brand new ones look like around $550 shipped per pair on e-bay with, at best, a 1 year warranty through an e-bay seller.

The Rockford T5001bd goes for $499 fully authorized at Crutchfield, down from the $649 MSRP, with a factory warranty. Sonic Electronix sells them for $369 with their own 1 year warranty.

The RF amp looks pretty solid, don't get me wrong. But apples to apples if you consider support and warranty this pre-sale is a better deal. You also have the option to strap the SAE-1000D whereas the RF does not have that feature.

I am inquiring because i am seriously thinking about this pre-sale! i guess what i am looking for is Sundown going to be louder than the RF becuase it is rated at a lower voltage than the RF witch is 920-980w @ 14.4v, i dont know a whole lot about amps i just want the biggest bang for the buck.

I am inquiring because i am seriously thinking about this pre-sale! i guess what i am looking for is Sundown going to be louder than the RF becuase it is rated at a lower voltage than the RF witch is 920-980w @ 14.4v, i dont know a whole lot about amps i just want the biggest bang for the buck.

If amplifier A makes 1kW at 12.6V and amplifier B makes 1kW at 14.4V, amplifier A will likely provide more power at all system voltages.

Amplifier A also has possibility to make 1800 @ 2 ohms, can amplifier B say that..... Nope... He to busy get boned by his older brother in the corner..

Both great amps, but as stated jacobs service is unreal and his amps are built to last... while somehow maintaining an incredible price to performance ratio

U no my vote =]

Jacob has A+ customer support. Try emailing him I can almost promise that you will get a response within hours. Also Rockford with 1 year factory warrenty from crutchfield $499 2 Sundown 1000d's with 2 years warrenty for $450. 1000 watts vs 2000+ watts as Sundown amps usually puts out a little more than rated. Its not rocket science. I'd go Sundown any day. Never been much of a fan of Rockford. OVER PRICED.

Jacob has A+ customer support. Try emailing him I can almost promise that you will get a response within hours. Also Rockford with 1 year factory warrenty from crutchfield $499 2 Sundown 1000d's with 2 years warrenty for $450. 1000 watts vs 2000+ watts as Sundown amps usually puts out a little more than rated. Its not rocket science. I'd go Sundown any day. Never been much of a fan of Rockford. OVER PRICED.

I can promise you that you will get a response asap...and that is from the person who ownes the company, so he actually gives a chit...

Buy the sundowns, they are sexy!

Amplifier A also has possibility to make 1800 @ 2 ohms, can amplifier B say that..... Nope... He to busy get boned by his older brother in the corner..

Both great amps, but as stated jacobs service is unreal and his amps are built to last... while somehow maintaining an incredible price to performance ratio

U no my vote =]

Actually Amplifier B CAN say that..........doen't make it true though.

J

I know a great little place that sells sundown. ;)

k thanks for all the input, I just bought 2 of them! looking forward to hearing these 10" Q's pound!

I do have a question though, my Q's are d2, so would i run 1 amp 1 sub at 1 ohm, or strap them and run the 2 Q's at 2 ohms?

Edited by mmb2

Strap the amps wired at 2 ohms and the amps will see 1 ohm each.

i think i uderstand now, straped/bridged i need 4 ohms to make 2 on the amps? so i would need to just run 1 amp per sub at 1 ohm correct?

Strap the amps wired at 2 ohms and the amps will see 1 ohm each.

i think i uderstand now, straped/bridged i need 4 ohms to make 2 on the amps? so i would need to just run 1 amp per sub at 1 ohm correct?

Each sub is a d2 so wire each sub in series to make 4 ohms. Then run them parallel to make a final ohm load of 2 ohms. Strap the 1000Ds and they will see a 1 ohm load. According to the specs. you should get 2000 watts to the subs.

Is there any other way to pay with credit card without using Paypal ?

That is not a problem. Send me an e-mail to sundownz@sundownaudio.com and I can provide you with more details.

Any idea how these compare power wise to the CROSSFIRE BMF 1000D?......also hat are the measurements?

The pre-order price is lower than anything I can find on the BMF 1000D... looking at the BMF 1000D, it looks like a very solid amp. I would imagine the two would compare very well to one another.

I don't have measurements on this model yet. Since it's not geared towards SPL I found it less critical, but I will get some when production models come in.

Any idea how these compare power wise to the CROSSFIRE BMF 1000D?......also hat are the measurements?

The pre-order price is lower than anything I can find on the BMF 1000D... looking at the BMF 1000D, it looks like a very solid amp. I would imagine the two would compare very well to one another.

I don't have measurements on this model yet. Since it's not geared towards SPL I found it less critical, but I will get some when production models come in.

Sounds tempting, I wqs actually refering to the deminsions....I will be replacing my BMF 1000D and need something with the same foot print or smaller.

Sounds tempting, I wqs actually refering to the deminsions....I will be replacing my BMF 1000D and need something with the same foot print or smaller.

260(W) x 51(H) x 294(L) in millimeters.

10.23" (W) x 2.00" (H) x 11.57" (L).

Very interested in pre-order sign up does shipping also include to HAWAII?. If yes Iam sending my $$$ in the morning for 2 amps. If not let me know how much more! Aloha..

Very interested in pre-order sign up does shipping also include to HAWAII?. If yes Iam sending my $$$ in the morning for 2 amps. If not let me know how much more! Aloha..

Could you send me an e-mail to sundownz@sundownaudio.com ?

The prices are shipped to the continental states. I can get you a quote to Hawaii, just e-mail me so I have a way to directly e-mail you back!

Thanks for your interest :)