Sign in to follow this  
ronrico418

FI 418s 4th order single reflex bandpass design!!!

Hey Bro. Your story took me back to the 90's as well. Before we knew what ported, 4th orders & etc was. When sealed was all we knew & 1000w shook the whole block lol.

Anyway, I know most are gonna steer you toward the higher series w/ a gazillion watts. We're building my 4th order now w/ 4 18 Fi SP4's, but that's not what you're going for & I wouldn't tell you to do so.

You said you wanna jam all day at shows. Big subs & a million watts aren't gonna do it unless you do a 2nd morgage to do the build. You're gonna wanna go w/ a lower series that doesn't take a lot of watts to move. The more watts you gotta give a sub, the more your gonna have to feed it. And you wanna keep that low to last longer.

The SSD series would be the line for you. Get amps that'll give them their rms but also amps that are efficent, not power hungry ones like HiFonics or MA.

You'll still have to do electrical upgrades but nothing near trying to feed amps supplying 20k watts to 4 subs.

Sorry man. I'm on my phone & didn't see this page of the thread. Looks like you have a good plan. Shawn, Nick & Scott are awesome & won't steer you wrong. All good dudes.

Sign in to follow this