sundownz

Sundown Entry Level Woofer

Any word if these are getting any closer to production? Really wish you guys had one right now, would be perfect for my application.

As soon as possible. I've had to push them back a bit to reinforce inventory of 1000Ds and 3000Ds with another production run... but I expect them to be out within 3 months.

What ever happened to these, I was looking forward to these and forgot about them. Might have to get a sd1v2 instead.

I have an updated version in the works.

I really like this driver but I am investigating a "beefier" option for the E series -- more akin to a larger version of the E8 that is coming soon.

I have an updated version in the works.

I really like this driver but I am investigating a "beefier" option for the E series -- more akin to a larger version of the E8 that is coming soon.

What would the mounting depth be?

Also... regarding my last message. The design this thread is originally about may still be produced at a later date as it was an excellent design, but the driver that will hold the "E12" designation will be a bit beefier.

---

Ricky,

The beefier proto is 6.25" deep.

Also... regarding my last message. The design this thread is originally about may still be produced at a later date as it was an excellent design, but the driver that will hold the "E12" designation will be a bit beefier.

---

Ricky,

Ouch.. Bottom row of my enlcosure is only 6" deep. Maybe I will look into the SD-1 V2. Really wanted to do 4- 18" Nightshades later but this build is becoming so much work I aint pulling it out for a while.

Any idea as to when the 12" model of the Sd-1 V2 will release?

Edited by rickyharrisjr

---

Ricky,

Ouch.. Bottom row of my enlcosure is only 6" deep. Maybe I will look into the SD-1 V2. Really wanted to do 4- 18" Nightshades later but this build is becoming so much work I aint pulling it out for a while.

Any idea as to when the 12" model of the Sd-1 V2 will release?

Not sure, but it should fit your depth requirement of less than 6 inches :)

Still tossing around the idea of the driver in this thread - I really did like it quite a bit :) It's one of the few protos of anything I've actually held onto for a long time.

It would probably go by a different name, as the E series designation will be filled by a bit beefier driver.

Will keep this thread updated with any news.

Few teaser pics of potential E12 candidate (other driver from OP will be re-named A12 when it is released):

E12_1.jpg

E12_2.jpg

And, again, this would be black for production but chrome was easier for the prototype.

Tested to 700 RMS for 5 minutes (don't try this at home) - will carry a rating around 300 RMS continuous.

Has about 2" p-p raw throw and 16mm linear one-way by 70% BL method.

This is the big brother to the E8 driver.

I love it. Please send 24 of them ASAP! :)

Serious? :) If you want 24 I may start production sooner than planned.

PS: Can't tell in the pic... but it has flat, tied down, tinsel leads - no slap. Also has drilled gap vents like the E8.

So how do you think 8 would hold up on 2 - 3000D's?

So how do you think 8 would hold up on 2 - 3000D's?

IMO... not a good idea.

Would hold up for short bursts of music and/or burps if mechanical travel was kept under control by the box, but not for extended periods of time.

If you went 16 of them I'd be quite confident - and you could get 1 ohm per amp :)

These won't be terribly expensive either.

havent even got my sd-1v1 build done yet but already looking at this as an upgrade...

IMO... not a good idea.

Would hold up for short bursts of music and/or burps if mechanical travel was kept under control by the box, but not for extended periods of time.

If you went 16 of them I'd be quite confident - and you could get 1 ohm per amp :)

These won't be terribly expensive either.

As soon as I get my van sold I will get to bring my new toy home. I will measure and see if I can fit 16 of these puppies in there.

Actually what is the mounting depth of the subs. I can play in autocad based off the dimensions of the current enclosure.

Ricky,

They are 6.25" deep.

If you want 16 and/or Jerry really wants 24 of these I can bump up the production date.

Ricky,

They are 6.25" deep.

If you want 16 and/or Jerry really wants 24 of these I can bump up the production date.

I'm gonna play in autocad and see what I can come up with.

I am entertaining an intro sale on these for around 100 dollars shipped, who would be interested in that ?

MSRP will be ~ $150 - 160 on these drivers.

ill have to check my funds... but i think ill be a fuggin fool not to pick atleast 2 up for 100 each shipped..... how about some more pics!?