Sign in to follow this  
Grim

Update: Got metered

Thanks to Godsmack, I found a new place to go which is much much cheaper than the place i would normally go to and although its longer millage wise, its a short trip time wise and much easie to get to as its in podunk and not the middle of a city.

So i set up an appointment for tomorrow..

I just have a couple questions...

What tones should I bring?

Sine waves or what have you..

And do you guys normally do it with your speaker amp off or on?

Edited by Grim

Components off...

Should just bring like dBjams or a disc that has frequency tones on it...

Well I have a disk with a million freqeuncys...sines waves, tones, stuff like that..didnt know what would be best...

Where can I find DBjams?

buy it off of termpro.com

...a sweep would give you a decent idea on a certain frequency to play to achieve maximum spl...should find that frequency and play a couple around it to find your peak, then let your car charge for a while and then burp it again..should see your peak output

Sweet. Thanks.

Maybe he will have the DBjams. She said he has all the latest software and tunes from termpro..id order it but it would take to long to get here...

I imagine he has some good tunes from bass races and chit as they hold a ton of events every summer

I love "da blow" and "Mobbin". I would use Da Blow for bass race. Also, woofer cooker is decent, and gets real low in the begining.

Very Very Pleased...

Heres the Stats

140.4 @ 40hz

700-750watt Approx.

Car Off

No bracing in the box

The flexing of the sub actually broke the braces within the last month or so..

With car off I was maintaing 12.2-12.4v throughout the whole test

My jeep makes 14v+ at 2000rpm which would be 1000w or so.

The amp makes around 750 at 12v so thats what we based it off..

So my plans before first comp in june are

New Amp which puts out its max at 12V

New box at 8cubes Double Baffle, Bracing, and 45 corners with sub Up Port Back

3000 @ 1ohm running 2ohms for 1500w leaving me with room to upgrade to another sub.

That will double my current wattage..

Any ideas on how much that might help?

th_1404db.jpg

Not bad bro.

I'm glad you liked it. I grew up around that area so I am familiar with this definatly being easier. I'm sure he took alot of time trying to re-position and chit.....He's a good man. Show him respect (as I am sure you did) and he will give it right back at ya.

I'll see u in a few mths and we shall see what we can do for ya.

J

not bad ;) keep it up. there are a few things that I see needing improvment... playing a 40hz tone instead of a sweep is one of them lol. you're on a good start with ideas to a new box as well :D and power going up is also a plus. I'd do something more than 45 degree blocks but I won't tell you :P

I didnt play a 40hz tone, I played a sine sweep 10-100hz.

thats just what it peaked at

and you better share damnit lol

re tune the box..............it ports aren't rounded round them, seal up insides with resin..........sound deadon

J

Does anyone have a good Article (pics would be sweet too) on resining the inside of the enclosure....

Edited by theabunai

do you not know how to read? I said PLAY a 40hz note INSTEAD of sweep, as it seems that's where your peak is at.... don't know how you only read 40hz tone out of all of that... I might as well not type at all sometimes I swear. and I don't need to share jack :P ygpm back though lol

I'd personally like to see more power than that on a sub of that caliber, BUT I can't really talk as I'm running a single pg x600.1 to a DD9510 lol. but hopefully you get some ideas from that box I linked you too. I have one idea I won't share with anyone and I'll just have to test it to see if it's loud... it will be expensive and a pita to build, but if it works out it may be loud... that one I won't share til I see if it works, its an idea that has yet to materialize and alot of spl guys have little things they try some work some don't. best advice I can give you is if you think you're ready for spl, get a TL of your own and build lots of boxes you'll be up to at least 10 boxes before you figure out the best one. and sometimes they go backwards and aren't as loud... IF You can handle building and tuning bandpasses there are ALOT of guys who're louder with them, BIG PITA to tune though and get right, you pretty much just gotta get lucky lol

haha no i dont know how to read...

And yes I got it, just haven't had a chance to read..

Oh by the way, looking at the screen, does it look like my signal is clean(ie no clipping) I dont know how to read the osilicscope

Also he offered up a few amps he had for sale. 2 used DD and those Maxxonics amps int he back ground which are new. Has anyone used them? I thought since there made by the same comany as hifonics they could be good. I can get the one amp in the back for 325..its 1500w at 2ohm @ 12v which would be perfect for me, and i could add another BL 18 and run them at 1 ohm in the future for the full 3000w.

Edited by Grim

I know i have a DD m1 that i will most likely be selling after i get it fixed, that does like 1200 watts @ 13.8 volts.

nice job. If you're serious about bumpin up the score I'd get as much power as you could. My bro's bl is happy on 2k wattsrms, so I'm sure your's would be fine on burps with even more than that. as far as how much doubling your power will help, its a theoretical 3 db gain, but you rarely get that much. I'd give it 3x that much power if I was you (I think it'd be fine on 2200 clean watts for burps). That should get you around 146, then the box change should help as well, but again that's in theory. good luck

18blt_832.jpg

Here is my design(thanks to someone on CA)

Anything you would change?

8.1 cu/ft @ 32Hz 96 sq/in port

Edited by Grim

18blt_832.jpg

Here is my design(thanks to someone on CA)

Anything you would change?

8.1 cu/ft @ 32Hz 96 sq/in port

more port area, like 106- 128 sq inches, and keep the tuning at 32hz, round port corners, more bracing.

Thats what I thought was more port area, but the designer said that was fine(one of the reasons I asked you guys)

And yes, Bracing will be done, aside from the double baffle, and I will be rounding the port edges, and putting 45's in the corner...

Well what I will probably do is take card board tubes and cut them for the corners and then resin over that..

nothing wrong with cardboard and resin :slayer:

Edited by audio-neon

first, is this going to be for SPL only, or for daily bumping as well? Second, if I may ask, who desinged it for you? Third, what typed of vehicle is it again?

DD as well

Jeep Grand Cherokee

umm..i dont remeber his name..rpfuror or something along those lines

Also looking for an amp suggestion...Not going with the crunch I decided.

Sign in to follow this