oxsign

A sad day at my home today.

My 2nd 18" RL-p was to be delivered today. While at work I checked on-line and it showed delivered. When I got home it was gone, Stolen. Sometime between the time I left work and got home (20-30min) someone got to it. I'm not in a bad neighborhood so I'm not sure who took it. I asked all my neighbors, but of'corse no one saw anything. I filed a police report (knowing I'll never see it), but I guess it's the thing to do.

damn man thats sucks, you'are right probably won't see it again but filing a police report was the best thing really that you can do. Hopefully they find it though..

sorry too hear the bad news

Justin

if it's UPS, file a claim with them on ups.com, I just went through that, and got my new product. takes like a month or so, but you get it in the end.

I can't stand ups doing that. I wish they would leave you a post it, and tell you to come pick it up if you aren't there. My ups guy is at least nice enough to set it in the first door, and on my porch.

Thx guys. It was FEDEX that delivered it. I called them to confirm the address (hoping that maybe they left it at the wrong place), time & day that it was left. I was going to file a complaint, but they said that it has to be done by the sender, not the receiver. I sent Mike a PM letting him know what happened. I'll also be hitting up the local pawn shops just to see if anything pops up. There's not many of these 18"s out. So the odds of someone pawning one is not much. I would hope that if we here had one, we would sell it on here or ebay first.

Thx guys. It was FEDEX that delivered it. I called them to confirm the address (hoping that maybe they left it at the wrong place), time & day that it was left. I was going to file a complaint, but they said that it has to be done by the sender, not the receiver. I sent Mike a PM letting him know what happened. I'll also be hitting up the local pawn shops just to see if anything pops up. There's not many of these 18"s out. So the odds of someone pawning one is not much. I would hope that if we here had one, we would sell it on here or ebay first.

Check with your neighbors first. I had an amp delivered once and my neighbor took it since I wasn't home. He ended up keeping the package for a week and forgot to tell me he had it. I was well into the refund process with UPS when he remembered to tell me.

My 2nd 18" RL-p was to be delivered today. While at work I checked on-line and it showed delivered. When I got home it was gone, Stolen. Sometime between the time I left work and got home (20-30min) someone got to it. I'm not in a bad neighborhood so I'm not sure who took it. I asked all my neighbors, but ofcorse no one saw anything. I filed a police report (knowing I'll never see it), but I guess it's the thing to do.
I did. Unfortunately nobody saw or has anything. Trust me. I did everything I could think of before calling the cops. :ughdunno:

i wonder if it would surface in a pawn shop...

it's sad indeed :(

omg, that SUCKS so badly...

US postal service are the best IMO..

if you aint at home, they keep the package and put a note on your door where you can get it.

fedex always keep stuff in front of the door like complete IDIOTS.

and yeah, haunt them down, file claim and all these thing, don't let it go.

Terrible news, sorry you have to deal with this Vic! :(

I just had my car broken into last week with about $400 worth of damage so we're kinda in the same boat (not that its any consolation - but you're not alone in havin' to face the untimely and craptastic hurtles that life throws at us from time to time!). At least they didn't have a chance to get the stereo before my neighbor came out, but the arseho got away anyway. Filed a report, though I doubt anything will come of it.

mr2-brokenglass.jpg

mr2-dash.jpg

Check your PM's.

fudgein thieves.. good thing you got some loyal neighboors

I just had my car broken into last week with about $400 worth of damage so we're kinda in the same boat (not that its any consolation - but you're not alone in havin' to face the untimely and craptastic hurtles that life throws at us from time to time!). At least they didn't have a chance to get the stereo before my neighbor came out, but the arseho got away anyway. Filed a report, though I doubt anything will come of it.

mr2-brokenglass.jpg

mr2-dash.jpg

Check your PM's.

OMG, I didn't know you got hit as well?!?!?! That sux man. I guess I'm a little more lucky than you. Nothing was damaged take it off the porch, unlike your window and dash.

Wow guys, sorry for the both of you :(

Last year i had a pair of Diamond D7 amps stolen, Diamond d9 components in custom kick panels, an eclipse cd8454 and a Image Dynamics IDmax 12 stolen out of my car, the day after i got it back from the audio shop, while i was at work.

I was so pissed, i just sat there and cried. They ripped my dash apart (no screws just pull tabs), broke my rear window, keyed my car and slashed two of my tires. I was soo pissed. I was so glad that the owner of the shop basically paid for a new install for me, considering i had just spent close to 8 grand.

mr2-brokenglass.jpg

mr2-dash.jpg

Check your PM's.

Thats why I have my windows tinted so no one can see anything inside. But sometimes I think it makes ppl more courious whats going on inside.

Guys I'm sorry this has happened to you............I hope you both get revenge against those who did these things to you.............theifs are nutless.

J

Look what showed up today

IMG_0859.jpg

IMG_0860.jpg

IMG_0861.jpg

My wife calls me to tell me that fedex came by today. They dropped it at the door, knocked, and drove off. By the time she got down stairs, they were rounding the corner. I had her open the box to make sure it was ok. She called them, had it out with they, and had them call the police to cancel the report we placed with them on Sat.

hey, glad you got it :D

now go build that box and let it wang :woot:

Great to hear that everything turned out alright in the end. I have a similar story, but it didn't quite make it to the police. I had a $1500 bass amplifier coming a couple of years back when I was a touring musician. So I get an email stating that it has been delivered which I didn't like very much since no one was at home (I was at school at the time). I get home and look around and can't find it. I start getting close to calling UPS and the police when my wife comes in and says there's a big box wrapped up in a plastic bag sitting out in the back by the garbage. Fortunately it wasn't garbage day but I just couldn't believe it. I called UPS and complained. They called me back a couple of days later saying that the driver didn't want to leave it in the front because it was shipped in the original box and so it would be at high risk of being stolen so he dropped it in the back. Our fence is locked from the alley so he just left it beside the gate (which is right next to the garbage). Crazy stuff.

Oh no!

i had something similiar happen as well. when i got my clarion 8s, email said teh package was delivered. but it wasn't by the door like all other packages. looked all around (or so i thought, lol) and called ups. it was a new driver who didn't want to risk the package getting stolen, he left the thing in the trash. true story! he actually put the package in one of our empty cans. i kinda wondered if it was an omen...i have yet to put power to them. been two years or so?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: