stevew007

anyone blowen the 1500d yet???

I know of one guy that has blown a couple, but I believe he's running them at .175 on 17.7v or something crazy like that.

they sound like stout amp's! so my first one will be here friday. then when the 3000d comes out i will be getting one of those to mess with and see how it goes.

I had a Team Sundown guy blow one at 0.175 ohms, as Richard stated.

I had a regular customer blow one at 0.35 ohms... but his head-unit caught on fire and sent in a bad signal.

I've had three damaged by improper strapping.

And thats it so far... nobody has damaged one within operating specs to my knowledge :)

well this is the spl world we push everything :coolugh:

I know that... SPL guys love to run things low. So far so good with my Team members. Guys that know how to test their setup don't have any problems even pushing them to the extremes.

I can't wait for tomorrow around 6pm. I will see my first 1500d, sorry Diamond D1's you have been faithful but you will die!!!

hey jacob were sorry we didnt know to use a 16v turn on lol. we learned our lession though.

It's all good :)

I had a regular customer blow one at 0.35 ohms... but his head-unit caught on fire and sent in a bad signal.

And thats it so far... nobody has damaged one within operating specs to my knowledge :)

Any pics of the fire??? Sounds interesting.

Any pics of the fire??? Sounds interesting.

picture025au4.jpg

Thats the only one I know of.

got any pics of the amp fried beyond recognition?? just curious?

I don't believe I snapped any pics... but most of the FETs were blown to bits. I'll look through my camera and see if any are on there.