NDMstang65

Ascendant Audio's New Home!

any word on the ava/arsenal replacements scott? i have a 15 ava now and i am in the market for something for the gf and she basically wants what i have. also looking at the 15q.....

About time! More info and updates please =) I've heard so much about AA but never lucky enough to own one just yet.

Sorry :(

They are getting a thicker top plate and different gapping. Cast basket, new curvilinear paper cone... D4 coils that are beefier than the last S4s. Just upgrading all the little things on them and getting them setup to be a solid entry level dealer line (not that they werent before, but it seems a pair of them on a amp is requested more often than a single unit or 4 of them.

We may offer a S4 coil down the road if dealers really ask for it.

Thanks,

Scott

D2 version would also be helpful...at least a small batch for use single drivers users. which seem to be most of the SQ world.

Plenty of good 2 ohm stable amps out there :)

UGH! I was just getting ready to buy a freaking Havoc too!!!

Guess I'll to find another brand now....

How can we find out where the authorized dealers are?

This BLOWS.

just curious..... since AA is going dealer based... will Fi offer an 8" sub for the DIY crowd?

Doubt it...

We're going to work everything out and have a press release of sorts for everybody soon.

not feeling the love. i generally hate buying from dealers because, i know what i want to do and dont want to pay 300% markup. I like buying my stuff from outfits like Fi, but not sure i like this move.....feeling a little left out here.

not feeling the love. i generally hate buying from dealers because, i know what i want to do and dont want to pay 300% markup. I like buying my stuff from outfits like Fi, but not sure i like this move.....feeling a little left out here.

Let your dollars speak on your behalf. I'm not trying to pick on AA, but if you're not happy with their business decisions, take your business elsewhere. Simple market economics.

As a wild guess, I don't think AA will be sold at dealers with a 300% markup or anything close to that. I think the dealer network is a good move for Scott and if you're dealer phobic, you can go with Fi. If it's AA you want, find a dealer and go get a good product.

As a wild guess, I don't think AA will be sold at dealers with a 300% markup or anything close to that. I think the dealer network is a good move for Scott and if you're dealer phobic, you can go with Fi. If it's AA you want, find a dealer and go get a good product.

as i have an SSD i have gone through Scott/Fi ( back in the early days i bought 6 RE8s from him ), but they dont offer an 8". i would really like to have a Fi Q kinda 8" .... they wont do 8's and say that is what AA is for...... yet AA is going dealer only. i strongly dislike alot of dealers. perhaps part of that has to do with me being a sales rep. i try to educate my buyers and their employees through Product Knowledge sessions all the time. a very small percentage take me up on it. many shops just hire dumb kids to sit behind the counter and take your money or tell you alot of bs. i value dealers that offer solid pricing and take the time to know as much about the product they are selling as possible. problem is that those kind of dealers are far and few between. i understand what they are trying to achieve, but if you are going to have two separate brands at least have similar offerings ( with different wrappers ). the general public would never know the difference and the DIYs would be happy as well.

DIY is a small market....this is the best business decision for them.

Don't write off an entire dealer network for the behaviour of a handful of employees. Give AA a chance before you complain about their direction.

It is means anything, SSA is working on getting an 8" model out. Sound Splinter plans to bring the RL-i 8 back, and Sundown has one planned too.

as i have an SSD i have gone through Scott/Fi ( back in the early days i bought 6 RE8s from him ), but they dont offer an 8". i would really like to have a Fi Q kinda 8" .... they wont do 8's and say that is what AA is for...... yet AA is going dealer only. i strongly dislike alot of dealers. perhaps part of that has to do with me being a sales rep. i try to educate my buyers and their employees through Product Knowledge sessions all the time. a very small percentage take me up on it. many shops just hire dumb kids to sit behind the counter and take your money or tell you alot of bs. i value dealers that offer solid pricing and take the time to know as much about the product they are selling as possible. problem is that those kind of dealers are far and few between. i understand what they are trying to achieve, but if you are going to have two separate brands at least have similar offerings ( with different wrappers ). the general public would never know the difference and the DIYs would be happy as well.

Not saying Fi won't do an 8. I'm saying that it is doubtful.

Fi is the end custom to you driver...

AA is going in the direction of very few options (only coil impedance choice between the coils) of each size/series of drivers. However it is not going to effect the outcome, the quality of the products is still there and is not going to change. The pricing that we will release soon will be competitive for other brand names that the dealers carry. It's just a simple fact that a BTL has a little over 2000 different options that we can do to it, and dealers can't stock 2000 versions of 1 speaker. So, This is where AA is going. It will make the dealers happy, make the end consumers happy because they have a warranty through the dealers on the install, and a solid high end product line for their shops as well...

It is means anything, SSA is working on getting an 8" model out. Sound Splinter plans to bring the RL-i 8 back, and Sundown has one planned too.

i have been watching and waiting no doubt! i have been talking to Mike on and off for about 9 months and keeping an eye on the others. DevilDriver..... i understand the logic of what they are doing... but for the DIY crowd they could at least offer the stuff under the Fi brand. it would be killer to see some of our favourite DIY brands doing things like killer Midbass and 8s.

AA is going in the direction of very few options (only coil impedance choice between the coils) of each size/series of drivers. However it is not going to effect the outcome, the quality of the products is still there and is not going to change. The pricing that we will release soon will be competitive for other brand names that the dealers carry. It's just a simple fact that a BTL has a little over 2000 different options that we can do to it, and dealers can't stock 2000 versions of 1 speaker. So, This is where AA is going. It will make the dealers happy, make the end consumers happy because they have a warranty through the dealers on the install, and a solid high end product line for their shops as well...

Will prices remain the same as they are for the current lines offered on the SSA?

I just noticed that SSA does not have AA Subs for sale anymore. Correct me if I'm wrong. What's going on? This sucks.

Only prices that will be posted on the internet will be MSRP. When you contact the dealer that is closest to your area it is up to them how they feel to price it.