ShawnFleming

Any AA questions.

Hey guys, for now, this forum is mainly for anyone that has previous products and would like to post pictures or ask questions. Until the new products launch there is nothing really to talk about, so lets get this forum going, and discuss previous AA products. If you could post pics of you builds and worklogs that would be great.

Thanks guy,

Shawn Fleming

Here are a few pics of my AA products. The Arsenals are each run by Zed Audio Miniliths. They have handled everything I've thrown at them. They are enclosed in a .75 sealed box. The POLY's are being run off a ZedAudio Draconia. The POLY's are an incredible little speaker. I'm running those @ 50-3.5k. The low end really helped tie in the sub to midbass range. Thanks M5/// for the advice.

:jump: Excited to see Chad joining us!!!

-Bob B

AAArsenalSubbox3.jpg

AADoorpod.jpg

AAArsenalSubbox2.jpg

AAArsenalSubbox1.jpg

AA3.jpg

Well one of the saddest things I had to do was sell my 4 AA assassin 12s recently. I purchased these subs brand new from AA about a year ago, and have LOVED every min I have had them. They seem to have no problem keeping up with whatever I was in the mood to listen to, from Young Jeezy and Jibbs, to Anita Baker and Sade, to my 80s stuff like Duran Duran and The Cars. The SQ with them was great. The only issue with them was that they didnt want to play the lower notes as strong as everything else, but other than that they were perfect, esp at only $75 a peice. Much louder than I expected. They were in there recommend 1.2 cubic feet box per chamber sealed in the trunk of my 04 Ford Crown Victoria. Here are a few pics and sorry about the sloppy install, it was only like that for a couple of weeks, (I was just so excited to get my subs lol)!

0317061028.jpg

0317061027a.jpg

0317061026.jpg

And heres after I cleaned things up a lil bit

Picture107.jpg

Great products and great customer service, lookin foward to what AA has to offer in the near future, Thanks again from on very sasitified customer!!!!! :thanx:

Man I love AA products. I first met Chad years ago when I sold him one of my Blueprint 1803's out of my HT. Due to space requirements, I had to downsize my subs and ended up with a pair of Tumults in small sealed boxes. After a couple of years of not hearing from him, he calls me one day and says - Hey, I was wondering if I could borrow one of your tumults for a week or so to take some measurements. Still not sure what I was thinking at the time, but I said sure and packed it up and mailed it to him. . . .If you look around, there are pictures of it out there when Chad was using it to see how it performed vs. the AVA 15.

I have run (1) AVA 15 in my suburban, I ran (1) AVA 18 for a few months, and I even had my (4) AVA 15's in the suburban for a while.

The (4) AVA 15's live in my HT on a QSC PLX3402, good for 850 watts per sub. Definitely no lack of bass in the HT :)

Just finished a friend's HT with AA MTM's for the 3 fronts, and a pair of Assasin 12's on 350 watts each. It is a fairly small HT, and the sound is amazing.

Getting ready to do another set of MTM's in a HT for another friend.

After talking to Chad this week, I have decided (4) Havoc 15's will be the next subs in my suburban wall with 4000+ watts each.

I don't think my account allows remote linking, so you have to go to each page to see the pictures.

Most of the pics of my HT are VERY old, but there is a pic of one of the dual AVA sub boxes at the bottom of this page:

http://bkolfo4.freeservers.com/photo3.html

Pic of the AVA vs. a Tumult here:

http://bkolfo4.freeservers.com/photo4.html

And a couple of pics of the (4) AVA's in the suburban here:

http://bkolfo4.freeservers.com/photo6.html

Brian

Here are a few pics of my AA products. The Arsenals are each run by Zed Audio Miniliths. They have handled everything I've thrown at them. They are enclosed in a .75 sealed box. The POLY's are being run off a ZedAudio Draconia. The POLY's are an incredible little speaker. I'm running those @ 50-3.5k. The low end really helped tie in the sub to midbass range. Thanks M5/// for the advice.

:jump: Excited to see Chad joining us!!!

-Bob B

AAArsenalSubbox3.jpg

AADoorpod.jpg

AAArsenalSubbox2.jpg

AAArsenalSubbox1.jpg

AA3.jpg

I LOVE your door setup, are the poly loud? i mean, im looking for LOUD mid-bass, after lot of listening and such, i realized that I REALLY like a SOLID mid-bass more then anything...

and btw, I own 1 arsenal 15" and 1 havoc 18:

arsenal:

Picture133.jpg

Picture162.jpg

Picture164.jpg

IMG_1429.jpg

IMG_1430.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

havoc :

IMG_1054.jpg

IMG_1170.jpg

IMG_1150.jpg

IMG_1153.jpg

IMG_1160.jpg

IMG_1194.jpg

they both are amazing driver, excellent build quality and awsome sounding. LOUD and efficient.

the arsenal setup had AWSOME detailed low end (3.8@30hz 67.5sq.inch) powered with 800rms

the havoc right now is in **4.2@38hz with 73.5sq.inch** , louder then the arsenal of course, but the low lows arent as much as the arsenal... obviously because of the box, but IT STILL POUNDS HARD DOWN LOW(35hz and up) and it SLAMS, VERY punchy accurate bass, I listen to some trance( constant punch bass), and its AMAZING, transient response is REALLY nice and when I listen to some hiphop(the new timbaland cd is awsome, song #9 and 12 flex my windshield) , yet its powered with 1000rms only and its in a trunk:(

and volt dont go upper than 13v.

AWSOME PRODUCT !

Edited by SQBubble

Yeah dude, the HAVOC 18s are just downright amazing. I still haven't been able to crank them up because my amp destroys my electrical, but I got 2 Northstar NSB 90s on the way that should take care of that. Hair tricks at 40 hz anyone?

SQBubble,

The POLY's can get loud. I have them running from 50hz -3k. The midbass is killer IMO. Having them crossover that low really brought the sound stage forward. When I had them at around 60hz, I still felt like the subs were behind me. That lower x-over point helped my problem and having a pair of them in each door really makes a difference. I did have a single POLy in there before and was great, but the second one add so much depth to that range. I would reccomend it if you have the room and power. It's good to know that there are some people out there that like that part of the spectrum. Midbass ROCKS!!!!

Nice Arsenal and Havoc.

SQBubble,

The POLY's can get loud. I have them running from 50hz -3k. The midbass is killer IMO. Having them crossover that low really brought the sound stage forward. When I had them at around 60hz, I still felt like the subs were behind me. That lower x-over point helped my problem and having a pair of them in each door really makes a difference. I did have a single POLy in there before and was great, but the second one add so much depth to that range. I would reccomend it if you have the room and power. It's good to know that there are some people out there that like that part of the spectrum. Midbass ROCKS!!!!

Nice Arsenal and Havoc.

Are your Polys running IB in the doors, or do you have some sort of pods or something going on?

LAWL! I just noticed the pics up above. Me = teh pwnt.

Edited by Duke

JazzScreamer... I must say that you have a phenominal looking instal. Did you do it yourself? Real carbon fiber or laminate? VERY nice!

Scott

SQBubble,

Nice Arsenal and Havoc.

hehe

yea man mid-bass is really crazy, especially in trance and electronic music, rock, musical songs!! i like it when I feel the bass is coming in front of you, it's simply an amazing feeling!

can't wait for them to be back in stock, im gonna get 2 or even 3 pairs :OhYeah: what tweeter and crossover do you use?

JazzScreamer... I must say that you have a phenominal looking instal. Did you do it yourself? Real carbon fiber or laminate? VERY nice!

Scott

Shawn,

Yes I did do this myself. It's amazing what you can do with fiberglass (this was my first attempt at glassing). The enclosure is an IB. I would like to try a sealed enclosure with it someday, but space is really tight. The top driver's magnet is touching the metal body of the door, and the bottom AA fits nicely inside the factory hole. I've thought of cutting some of the sheet metal to make an enclosure, but don't know if it's even worth it. This took a lot of time and effort to come up with the design to fit 2 AA Poly's in that space. I think it worked out really well. I've had lots of complements about it. I took a lot of detailing on this sucker because of the tight fit and curves. Mucho 1000grit sandpaper.

The suspension holds up to the low crossover point in this IB setup very well and the carbon fiber is a laminate film I bought on Ebay. I don't know if you noticed but the hump on the sub boxes were put there to allow me to flush mount the subs to gives me as much clearance as possible. I have a good 2.5" or 3" space. Gotta let the sub breath. I hope you don't mind, but I posted a few more pics of the build. Pantyhose work really well to conform to small complex shapes like this. There are many steps in between these pics that I didn't post. Thanks for the compliments guys. Chad had a lot to do with the inspiration for this pod. Maybe when the new POLY's come out, I can do another glass job in my wife's car. That's another thread though.

FiberglassFrame.jpg

P1060355.jpg

FiberglassFrame1.jpg

BondoStage.jpg

PrimerandGlazed.jpg

scott/chad:

i know i read on another thread you would be bringing the mids back a little later on with some minor changes. have you given any thought to different cone materials like the planned CF mid? i'm especially interested in a metal cone with your motor, something to compete with the dayton rs for the price and even detail/distortion kings like seas excel/lotus. i know there is a good following for the mids but man i can really see some metal cone AA's doing REALLY REALLY well, i know quite a few that would pee their pants at the thought. how about different sizes, perhaps a strong 8" or some smaller midranges?

Edited by kappa546

scott/chad:

i know i read on another thread you would be bringing the mids back a little later on with some minor changes. have you given any thought to different cone materials like the planned CF mid? i'm especially interested in a metal cone with your motor, something to compete with the dayton rs for the price and even detail/distortion kings like seas excel/lotus. i know there is a good following for the mids but man i can really see some metal cone AA's doing REALLY REALLY well, i know quite a few that would pee their pants at the thought. how about different sizes, perhaps a strong 8" or some smaller midranges?

I'd really like to know myself. I have a few projects coming up and if I can use AA products that would be the bomb. I'd be more than willing to delay the projects if I knew a good date for the new line of products. :fing34:

scott/chad:

zmid1.jpg:coolugh:

pfff hand them over, didnt realize you were the one who bought them. anyways, if/when you're ready to part with them i'd like to play around with them. otherwise i cant wait til AA is back and i can get some new polys myself.

also, i forget where i read you guys were adding a heavier copper faraday ring to bring inductance down a bit, but have you considered looking into new surrounds? there was a klippel test done on the poly's that showed that was actually the biggest culprit for distortion. all around the drivers tested great with well centered and symetrical BL and Le curves but with slightly offset Cms curve. might be another cheap and simple way to really improve the already great performance.

Edited by kappa546

here is a pic of my 15" AA Aresenal powered by a MA Audio 8800i(750rms) 2.2 cubes net, sealed. in the back of my older C5 Z06(fixed roof)

sounded great both ways. played loud and low with the windows open, and quick and tight with the windows closed(it sucked having to roll windows up listining to rock, and open them when jeezy came on)

2 totaly differant playing car with the windows open vs. closed

427008.jpg

Ok, I have one of the 15" arsenals that I got when they first came out. The box I built was too big, but I used it since it was sitting around. If I was going purely for compactness and tightness of bass (think rock music) what size box does this speaker need? Also, what is the recommended ported volume/tuning? I'm going for tightness and compactness, but if I can squeeze a few Db's out of it without sacrificing a whole lot of space or sound quality then why the hell not? This is going in a '96 jeep cherokee.

Edited by airbornflght

:(

pfff hand them over, didnt realize you were the one who bought them. anyways, if/when you're ready to part with them i'd like to play around with them. otherwise i cant wait til AA is back and i can get some new polys myself.

also, i forget where i read you guys were adding a heavier copper faraday ring to bring inductance down a bit, but have you considered looking into new surrounds? there was a klippel test done on the poly's that showed that was actually the biggest culprit for distortion. all around the drivers tested great with well centered and symetrical BL and Le curves but with slightly offset Cms curve. might be another cheap and simple way to really improve the already great performance.

I'm not sure if anyone has asked,  but what is the pricing on the Havocs?

PM me your zip code.

Brian