Aaron Clinton

How did you guys find SSA???

I didn't really find the site. My husband has been a member of this site for a few months. AS he is extremly into car audio and all things related and I really want to attempt to understand what he is talking about, I thought maybe if i joined to, and read and learned from others, I might one day be able to help and understand half of what he says.

just bought a Fi Q 15" for my civic. have been checking out Fi subs on youtube a lot and thats how i found the website.

Hey so I was looking at Sundown amps and subs and when I found this forum. I am a member of another forum but that forum (which I will not name) doesn't offer much info unless your a nutt rider which I am not. Needless to say I have been looking around for a informative forum and I think that I have finally found it.

HA! I never saw this...

I don't remember, it was years ago (2004) and I didn't come here much then. I honestly forgot about it...

But I have known Denim for a while, and he PMed me at CAF where I am a mod and sent me to HAF. From there I was browsing, and saw a link he had to here and I clicked on it... Well, I had to be signed in to view it, and so I took a shot and signed in with my usual forum name and pass and viola!!! I was in! I read the post that was linked that was posted by Impious and was impressed... It looked like I could have a techy to talk to here (I miss the CAF heyday when we had solid technical discussions) and I decided to jump in. Well, it wasn't long before the guys asked me to be on the tech team here (200 posts FTW!) and now here I am with 300 posts and a killer position on a cool board. Good thing for me too, as I had stopped going to CAF about a month before I found this place. Sadly what was once a Mecca of technical discussion, where I learned a ton, has become just a site where everyone wants to know what sub is uber excellent with the ultra-mega-deebeez!!! and Bassfreak's worthless, kindergarten level ramblings filled with pre-school like spelling and grammar...

So I am back here by way of HAF, Denim's link, and Impious' intelligent post. You can thank those guys for my being here and Denim for my promotion :suicide-santa:

Hey so I was looking at Sundown amps and subs and when I found this forum. I am a member of another forum but that forum (which I will not name) doesn't offer much info unless your a nutt rider which I am not. Needless to say I have been looking around for a informative forum and I think that I have finally found it.

Glad you found us. We are always working on building the knowledge base and we have such a wide array of brand favorites, there are no 'nutt riders' as once people see there is so much more out there and that it is so much about the install and not a pissing contest, things change. :)

HA! I never saw this...

I don't remember, it was years ago (2004) and I didn't come here much then. I honestly forgot about it...

But I have known Denim for a while, and he PMed me at CAF where I am a mod and sent me to HAF. From there I was browsing, and saw a link he had to here and I clicked on it... Well, I had to be signed in to view it, and so I took a shot and signed in with my usual forum name and pass and viola!!! I was in! I read the post that was linked that was posted by Impious and was impressed... It looked like I could have a techy to talk to here (I miss the CAF heyday when we had solid technical discussions) and I decided to jump in. Well, it wasn't long before the guys asked me to be on the tech team here (200 posts FTW!) and now here I am with 300 posts and a killer position on a cool board. Good thing for me too, as I had stopped going to CAF about a month before I found this place. Sadly what was once a Mecca of technical discussion, where I learned a ton, has become just a site where everyone wants to know what sub is uber excellent with the ultra-mega-deebeez!!! and Bassfreak's worthless, kindergarten level ramblings filled with pre-school like spelling and grammar...

So I am back here by way of HAF, Denim's link, and Impious' intelligent post. You can thank those guys for my being here and Denim for my promotion :suicide-santa:

:peepwall: :peepwall:

I was checkin out your sweet subwoofers and was lookin for some info. Found out you had to sign in to view threads, so here I am.

i was searching for SQ subwoofers and speakers and came upon the site.

I was checkin out your sweet subwoofers and was lookin for some info. Found out you had to sign in to view threads, so here I am.

i was searching for SQ subwoofers and speakers and came upon the site.

:fing34:

I found out from the forum link on fi audios site

Getting ready to buy a FI BL 15 inch for my trailblazer. Was on the FI site and stumbled on to this site.

the way i found this forum, which its the best of all of em, i had just bought my treo 15's and didnt even know there was such a thing as port tuning or how box size affects the output. and i thought i bought some wack subs bcuz they didnt hit the lows like i expected. so after 2-3 nights of forum cruisin i came across SSA and signed up and looked around and i thought to myself f**kin A! finally a place where i can get legit answers with no douche bags talkin shit cause i was a noob. and now less then a year later evryone i know asks me audio questions and think im a car audio genius because i tell them what i know to help em' out and they just get a confused look when i talk of rms, box sq. footage and port tuning, ohms loads, and the big 3 rather then a cap. but in my own oppinion i still dont really know jack, just enough to not be a noob lol.

so yeah thanks everyone thats helped with my problems and not bein total douches.

No douches allowed. :)

I really don't know how long i browsed SSA for, just lurking and reading. Finally I signed up, I was on ROE, CACRAPO, and other sites. They do not even compare to SSA, stupid people, even dumber answers to questions, just horrid. Also i love how there are rarely "v.s." threads, those really piss me off!

:suicide-santa:

Thanks for a great site SSA, thanks to all the mods, to M5, Impious, Sandt, to name a few you guys have taught me a lot. I've made a lot of great friends here, I can't think about going to another site.

Great site Aaron and Mark!

:woot:

:drink40: :drink40:

i was lookin round the fi website and found this forum which for the most part has been very helpful

it found me lol....

:peepwall:

shopping for sq subs, I found in a few forums you Dcons and Icons were very impressive. because there are no dealers in my area I will be ordering within a month. I cannot wait to hear these

I found out about SSA through my buddie mikey who helped start team IAK