KickinAudio

DB Drag World Finals Annoucement

Kinda ghey........u should come here if u wanna be champ.

J

It makes sense, but strange to have multiple locations in the US. I think it will be a major undertaking to line everything up and still keep all of the locations feeling like a world finals instead of a near by 3x comp.

it sounds like another venture to make $$$

J

wow. that's going to make it harder for the US to keep up with the cheating europeans. their judges are so lax, it's unreal. now, they'll be able to pull off just about anything.

otherwise, i like the idea. i just think that the judges from each location should come from a different area, ie: if your judging in europe, you live in the usa. and vice versa. otherwise, all the records will be european in a year or less.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

Approximately how many more people are able to compete now? I realize eligibility is not affected, but roughly how many did not make the haul across the map to compete before and will be competing now?

I dont understand that either, were there that many people that did not make finals because of the distance? Are they going to allow more people into world finals? If not there could be like 9 guys in Florida that are in street A and one in California, is that one guy going to compete against himself while there and not sure if he needs to push his equipment farther?

That is incredibly stupid.

J maybe right, Wayne harris might have found a way to make more money doing it this way.

I should rephrase what I said. It is incredibly stupid from a National/World Finals competition viewpoint. From a pure money making viewpoint, it is a good move.

Europeans hold records not only because their judges are laxed (that could be argued) but they hold a 3x right after world finals every year before the season officially ends. World records are set at 3x's and vualla. FloridaSPL guys had an idea to turn it on them but I dont know if the plan has been put into motion.

I will be in Orlando, competeing or not.

These ideas wayne comes up with...well look at the new competition typhoon or w/e.

Seems awfully silly and like a lot of unnecessary work.

Wow, not so sure I'm going then...

Way to lose Manufacturer support... more than likely.

nG

I totally agree. Many manufacturers support the World Finals becuase their logos and other stuff can be centralized in one location. Just my opinion though.

I think it will be a major undertaking to line everything up and still keep all of the locations feeling like a world finals instead of a near by 3x comp....

:word:

I think it'll take away from the "feel" of being at and competing in World Finals.

.is that one guy going to compete against himself while there and not sure if he needs to push his equipment farther?

:word:

I know a lot of competitors sandbag and only push their equipment hard enough to win the round. How is the information going to displayed/relayed between the different locations?

I dont understand that either, were there that many people that did not make finals because of the distance? Are they going to allow more people into world finals?

I think Wayne said they did about 150 cars last year in DB Drag. He was saying now, there could be 150 per location. Also each of the 3 locations is a 3X. So if you 'lose finals', you still get 3x points, instead of nothing like prior years.

It's a split decision, there are postivies and negatives.

Flat out its a crock of chit...........does nothing for the sport.......finals is about showing how hard you are willing to work and go to be #1 for your secion of expertise. Period

J

there are good points to doing this though...

the added cars that can run...

the ease of getting to finals. not just for us, but would you want to pay to ship you car overseas for a weekend?

and squeak brought up a good point. you'll have to run flatout every run, or you could get burned. sandbagging wouldn't be so easy to do.

there is downsides as well.

how are you going to challenge a car that's hundreds, maybe thousands of miles away? i mean, how are you even going to know if you think they might be cheating? again, going to be easy to cheat, if the judges are biased/laxed enough.

and like previously mentioned, manufacturers support. surely, they are not going to want to be in three, four different places at the same time.

i give it two years at the most, and it'll come back to a single location. instead of spreading it out, lengthen the weekend to a full week. if a person really wants to compete, they find a way.

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

I went last year and got to meet several people on the forum because it was at one place. Now, people are going to go to the nearest location, therefore, I won't be as able to meet anyone. I know since I am a spectator and not a competitor, I don't matter but still....

Atleast dBdrag can afford lights, USACi can't. Without the spectators footing a good portion of the bill, dBdrag will be in the dark as well.

I am also curious how bass race will work....bass race via telcom?

Edited by Flipx99

Wayne also wants to have rings instead of trophies. If it goes through I think you will see some funny jokes at finals.

ur chitting me???

GHEY

J

the 3x would be awared trophys and on sunday/ actual finals the winner would get a ring, glad i got my second place last yr, and also glad this annoucment came about 4 days beofre i dropped 10k on a rebuild