Sign in to follow this  
truckaudioman

Last question for my setup....help if possible Scott or anyone

Obviously, you can already tell I am major noob at all this, but learning. I am getting the 4 15" BL's when I save up enough to do everything. What I need to know is what Ohm do I need to pick for the BL's. I have yet to get a amp. I was hoping to run 2 amps, maybe the Kicker 2500.1, but not sure. Any and all info on what Ohm setting and amp I should get would make my day better. Thanks.

hey bud, if you figure out what amp you want to run, I can help you figure out what coils your will need. The coil configuration you need, will depend on the amps you choose.

Just let me know bud.

Shawn

Fi Car Audio Tech

That was one of my problems, I really have no clue when it comes to amps. I knew a little about subs. What would be some really good amps to run them along with these Ohms. Would I be able to run something like 2 Kicker 2500.1's with them? I heard kicker amps are okay and you can get them for fairly cheap online.

I love the Kicker 2500's, its what I run on my BTL's. Also I just sent you a PM over on SSA, and I with you being a FL guy and wanting to run fi, I can help you out a little with some amp prices, I have a few connections at shops. Im just outside of gainesville, if you ever want to come by my custom shop. Im fixing to head for bed, but hit me up tommorrow night, if you have AIM hit me up at xmx4shawn or msn messenger at ficaraudiotech@hotmail.com

thanks

Shawn Fleming

Fi Car Audio Tech

Man, you must have created a dozen threads on here AND ca.com

All of them end up near the same place, seems like you at least paid attention to what I suggested at the other place ;)...

Four BL15's, two Kicker 2500.1's

You will want dual 2ohm subwoofers to match to the 2500.1's

:)

nG

That was exactly what I was looking for. I know I have been all over lately. I am horrible about new things. I am like an old person getting their first computer. All in all, I think I really like the entire FI thing. The subs seem great, the people very friendly. Getting quick hookups and people that are working with me, not throwing out 100's of opinions. They are telling me the entire truth here and everything I am looking for. So, thanks to all on this forum that has helped me with me questions.

You know, I would love to do 4 15" BTL's. My problem is I don't think I could afford the left over stuff. I would need a lot more electrical upgrades as well as another $2000 in amps. That is currently a little out of my budget. If things work out, maybe I will be lucky and be able to save a couple extra grand and do this. In which case, I will be unstoppable in my little peon town.

where do you live bud? Also like I said, hit me up tommorrow, I might be able to help you out on amps, and not have you spend $2000 on amps for big power. Just trying to do what I can to help those that help us and support us. But for now its late, and I have to get up in a couple hours.

Good night all.

I love the Kicker 2500's, its what I run on my BTL's. Also I just sent you a PM over on SSA, and I with you being a FL guy and wanting to run fi, I can help you out a little with some amp prices, I have a few connections at shops. Im just outside of gainesville, if you ever want to come by my custom shop. Im fixing to head for bed, but hit me up tommorrow night, if you have AIM hit me up at xmx4shawn or msn messenger at ficaraudiotech@hotmail.com

thanks

Shawn Fleming

Fi Car Audio Tech

Shawn do you know a kid how goes by the name of Caddy, he had an operation in Gainsville called D-Bass customs.

Sign in to follow this