Sign in to follow this  
Bavarian3

D2 loves the new viper 1200d

whatsup, i got my new viper 1200d in and when i open the box my jaw dropped, its such a sweet amp. i went into the garage and made a simple amp rack out left over wood. turned out pretty good wutchu guys think? maybe ill get a spot on SI's website in the demo section!

Viper1200d.jpg

ViperBlue.jpg

NewSetup.jpg

NewSetup2.jpg

I love Viper amps, nad you got a nice one

I just looked on their store,

and I am curious why the Viper is less than the DEI, and much less than the Orion :blink:

all three are excellent amps, but the Viper should put out the most power

Sweet setup man :slayer: ..How much did you give for that bad boy? And where from?

-Marcus

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...MEBWN%3AIT&rd=1

the company is really legit. they are authorized by directed. so basically i got a like new amp for a crazy deal.

thanks for the kind comments everyone.

HA...I just bought my Orion's from the same company..got mine in pretty good shape...other than a plug not coming with it...pretty good people..

DAMN good price for 1400w

how is the viper 1200 compared to lets say hifonics brutus 1500?

Sweet setup man :slayer: ..How much did you give for that bad boy? And where from?

-Marcus

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...MEBWN%3AIT&rd=1

the company is really legit. they are authorized by directed. so basically i got a like new amp for a crazy deal.

thanks for the kind comments everyone.

HA...I just bought my Orion's from the same company..got mine in pretty good shape...other than a plug not coming with it...pretty good people..

DAMN good price for 1400w

are u sure the plugs didnt come with it? i thought that at first and went off to audio shops looking for some ideas of how to plug this thing up with power and ground and speaker wire. and i called the guy and they sounded suprised it didnt come with the plugs because it was supose to. so i looked back in the box and found em under the foam.

how is the viper 1200 compared to lets say hifonics brutus 1500?

i would say its a step above hifonics. i personaly wouldnt get a hifonics amplifier. havent heard too many great things from users.

Yep...one of the plugs on my 800.4 was missing..wasn't a big deal...I found another one for $10...

i would say its a step above hifonics. i personaly wouldnt get a hifonics amplifier. havent heard too many great things from users.

But do you have any experience with them? I have yet to hear something bad about them. Had a Brutus, 1500 loved it! Cheap, powerful and never sweat at all. Took everything I threw at it like a champ. Hell, I've got a 15 year old Pyramid amp that has been by my side through hell and back. It'll push a half-ohm load and get hot enough to fry breakfast on, but never pops a fuse or shuts down. How's that for cheap power?

ive read some reviews that they put out no where near theyr power at 2 ohms. and ive generally read on caraudio.com about people having ones that just died out on them or didnt put out the power they should. most people i heard this from bought theres from ebay i believe, so that could be part of the problem.

i assum that the directed audio amp is better than the viper since its price is higher?( refering to the ebay link you have)

what noticeable improvement is there in sound? or is there just a couple features i didnt see.

im runing a hifonics brutus 1000 and if these amps on that guys store are better i will jump on it for such a low price.

o and what about the orion amp Orion XTR PRO 1000

hehe sorry to steal the thread but the curoisity got to me.

i assum that the directed audio amp is better than the viper since its price is higher?( refering to the ebay link you have)

what noticeable improvement is there in sound? or is there just a couple features i didnt see.

im runing a hifonics brutus 1000 and if these amps on that guys store are better i will jump on it for such a low price.

o and what about the orion amp Orion XTR PRO 1000

hehe sorry to steal the thread but the curoisity got to me.

directed makes orion, viper, precision power.

so all these amps are similar but the viper puts out the most power out of them, why the directed is more money than the viper i have no idea.

actually the viper is "better" if thats the word, than the Orion and the DEI. Reason is because it puts out more power. You can strap 2 of them together as well and get over 3500wrms!!!!!!!!!!! They are all similar and the same build quality, but the Viper has been tested and so have the others and the viper just puts out more power, alot more than what its rated for.

Directed's amps are FAR BETTER amps than Hifonics. Thats like asking if the JBL BP1200.1 is as good as the JL 1000/1 or Hammer.

Edited by stangme01

o ok. i guess im gunaa pik up a viper from them soon then.if its that much underated is it safe to put a 12 inch mag on there?

by the way the eby site ways its like 2400 rms at 4 ohm but the direct audio site said like 450. done quote me on those numbers but it was somewhere around that.

does anyone know how many amps it will pull regulR AND MAX?

i wanna make sure it aint gunna KILL ME BATTERY

Edited by allConfused

o ok. i guess im gunaa pik up a viper from them soon then.if its that much underated is it safe to put a 12 inch mag on there?

by the way the eby site ways its like 2400 rms at 4 ohm but the direct audio site said like 450. done quote me on those numbers but it was somewhere around that.

does anyone know how many amps it will pull regulR AND MAX?

i wanna make sure it aint gunna KILL ME BATTERY

i think the rating on there is a typo. or i mean, it is a typo.

Max means poo.

viper is a very efficient amp thats why i got it. my lights dont dim nearly as much as with my JBL amp at 1 ohm.

Im getting me a viper :)

if only i could get the car for it too :(

god my system is going to sound incredible when im finished. ill holarious already when my friends come in the car asking why i didnt get RF or lightning audio or something they have. they dont laugh after they hear it though :)

hey i just noticed it said the bass eq in the manuel it adds 0-12 db to the output.

is that all frequencies or does it have a set one it boosts?