Sign in to follow this  
Tirefryr

Pics of the new proto

oh my word

that looks really beefy

any more info on this lovely monster

x2 what Jntar said. I've been saving for a second MAG 12" to add to my existing one only find out I can't get a new one anymore. I love the products and the ideas behind them but I don't want to shell out for 2 new top 'o the line subs. I'm not made out of money :(. Can you please link the thread where this new driver is talked about or the discontinuation of the MAG D2? I can't seem to find anything.

There is no talk about the driver itself, just about the situation arising that necessitated a new driver. The D2 is NOT being discontinued, just revised. The revision is what you see here.

That, and Chad Hicks has a pair of Mag's he's trying to get rid of. You might want to contact him on here or on caraudio.com. I think his s/n is lilmaniac or something close to that (Chad is the one that posted the comparisson pics in the other thread).

And +1 to what Ryan has stated. I dislike repeating myself, but again, the driver is NOT being changed to something different (performance-wise) than the current Mag. Think of it as more of a face lift than anything else. The cone is stronger on the new one's, the motor will hold more power, and the surround is a smidge wider but it allows for more travel so it all equals out in the end (but as with our current gen, travel is all basket limited). We are also moving to integrated tinsels to eliminate lead failure and/or lead slap possibilities.

When we get the final proto in, we are going to host up videos of us beating the ever living CRAP out of it!! :)

are there going to be any changes in the ratings of the new subs? or just tweaked parts?

When everything is finalized, all specs will be concrete.

When everything is finalized, all specs will be concrete.

^ What he said. :)

PS: Ryan, you've got two 10" BM's heading your way. :fing34:

SWEET!!!!!!

I should start moving this weekend, so it will be nice to not have to box something up.

Hey Nick driver looks bad ass. I know this is the proto but any idea to when the new mags will be ready for shipping. I have a few friends asking.

Thanks

Pictures are all well and good...but how does it sound :)

AFAIK, only Nick, Jake, Chad, and Lloyd have heard it.

Same or little more than the current driver.

ic... i thought the 3rd slug might add some more power handling :(

Honestly, you are kidding yourself if you think the Mag needs more power handling. I can't imagine giving it more than what its rated at. It's simply not necessary AT ALL. Try one, give it 1kw and you will not miss that higher power handling rating. I had a pair for 3 years. They are great at what they do and IMO, do it better than anything else I've heard.

Amen brother!

im interested in trying one especially since im still so confused on what woofer i want but my amp is rated at 3kw with a 3688 birthsheet @ 14.4

i know i wont see birthsheet power for a while (planning tons of electrical mods) but i dont want to kill the woofer

YOu can have all the power in the world availabel to you and not have to use it all.

true but it would be nice if i could... btw is the new proto going to be d2 only?

Yes it is.