element

Got burned.

I had a miserable F-ing friday (yesterday). Earlier this week, a guy was "Selling" Incriminator 40.1's over on canadiancaraudio at crazy prices... (read: $600). He made it sound like he was just desperate for a quick sale, so I figured hey, may as well take advantage - I wanted to pick up a temporary amp to keep me busy until the 3000D's come out.

The guy gave me a tracking number on thursday, and said he had shipped it out on wednesday. Turns out the tracking number was invalid... I tried repeatedly and gave up on friday. I messaged another guy that had "bought" a 40.1 from this seller, and he had the same symptoms. We compared tracking numbers and they were the exact same. Turns out there are 4 of us that got fleeced (all with the same invalid tracking number), if not more. I guess we'll find out how many people feel the sting in the near future.

Now I'm out $600, and my summer plans hang in the balance. Hopefully paypal can get me my money back from this dirtbag; it's a shame people like him exist (username- BassInYourFace).

sorry to hear about that man. people like that should be shot !

btw, why is this in the sundown forum ?

sorry to hear about that man. people like that should be shot !

btw, why is this in the sundown forum ?

Cuz he recently sold his 2 SAZ-1500D's to buy a 40.1 and the money was taken from him...

I feel bad for ya man...

He is a really good guy!!

Yeah... I've still got my sights set on a pair of SAZ-3000Ds though. I appreciate the sympathy, silverbane. This bullchit sure riles a person up... I can't say I've ever been scammed until now.

Edited by element

Where was this clown located?

His location said Etobicoke, Ontario, but it could be anywhere... I did some research with his username and found what I think is a post of his from 2004 on clubknowledge.com, he said he was in the bahamas, looking for an RE XXX. Coincidentally, among the items this guy was selling was an 06' XXX.

This bastard also claimed to be selling a Sundown amp too - an SAZ-1500D. This morning, I managed to get a hold of the buyer who "purchased" that amp from him, and he's in the same boat as me and the rest. He received identical PMs and numbers...

I would post your problem and this guys' info on some other Audio forums. We don't need someone to get screwed by this guy again. Sorry this had to happen to you. I hope it all works out in the end.

Yea, that really sucks. I feel for you man.

I hope paypal can get your cash back.

go to your bank they will get most the money back! but your paypal acount will be negative.

a freind of mine got burned for $1000 for a z1 and the bank took back like $940 from paypal

good luck and remeber if it sounds to good to be true it is

go to your bank they will get most the money back! but your paypal acount will be negative.

a freind of mine got burned for $1000 for a z1 and the bank took back like $940 from paypal

good luck and remeber if it sounds to good to be true it is

Your friend probably had his account set up under his credit card though, right? This money came right outta my savings account... I'm not sure if my bank will be able to do anything about it - they'll probably just say to battle via paypal.

I just got off the phone with TD, sounds like there's nothing they can do about it. I also did some research on Paypal, and noticed that the only way I can receive money back is if the guy has it in his paypal account at the time that the claim is resolved my favour. I'm sure it's long gone by now, as the pucking worthless arseho obviously planned this in advance. This gentleman has until April 30th to respond to the dispute, and if he fails to, the claim will be decided in my favour. My fingers are crossed that he's more retarded than he is kniving and leaves the cash in there.

The more I learn about this, the angrier I get... I'm sure that's become evident. It's so hard to cut a $600 loss as a college student, but this is how one learns I guess - although it's difficult to "learn" when somebody's going to scam you, and when they're as honest as they sound.

Dude you need to splash this everywhere and use the Itrader system over on CCA. I would also call the police OPP and all you guys report it.

Little word of advice, message the administrator and get the IP of this user right away. That way people can do some searches on it.

Little word of advice, message the administrator and get the IP of this user right away. That way people can do some searches on it.

That's precisely what I did, and us victims have banded together to attack with unity... hahaha. Turns out the guy had another account on the site, "selling" 4 Collosuses and an Fi BTL as well!!! Another user was sucked in by that, bringing the total up to 5 of us. Beware of usernames "FiKingPin, BassInYourFace, and celingleung", and email addresses "caraudiojunkie3@gmail.com", and "calabrese_shooter69@hotmail.com"

Somebody was able to track the IP to a physical address in Etobicoke, Ontario. The IP was also associated with a few email addresses with names in them that matched the name on the paypal account - last name "Mazza". We think it may be a young guy at his parents' house. One of the the members of our "task force" has emailed all the accounts associated with the IP, outlining the entire situation and the options for dealing with it: By tomorrow, this person must 1) Give us back our money in full or 2) Send us the items we paid for, or 3) Do nothing (and we will involve the authorities). The same member that sent the email is related to a policeman in the area who said he definitely wouldn't mind paying a visit if need be.

I grow more optimistic by the hour.

That's precisely what I did, and us victims have banded together to attack with unity... hahaha. Turns out the guy had another account on the site, "selling" 4 Collosuses and an Fi BTL as well!!! Another user was sucked in by that, bringing the total up to 5 of us. Beware of usernames "FiKingPin, BassInYourFace, and celingleung", and email addresses "caraudiojunkie3@gmail.com", and "calabrese_shooter69@hotmail.com"

Somebody was able to track the IP to a physical address in Etobicoke, Ontario. The IP was also associated with a few email addresses with names in them that matched the name on the paypal account - last name "Mazza". We think it may be a young guy at his parents' house. One of the the members of our "task force" has emailed all the accounts associated with the IP, outlining the entire situation and the options for dealing with it: By tomorrow, this person must 1) Give us back our money in full or 2) Send us the items we paid for, or 3) Do nothing (and we will involve the authorities). The same member that sent the email is related to a policeman in the area who said he definitely wouldn't mind paying a visit if need be.

I grow more optimistic by the hour.

Were pulling for you.

good luck

x2

Thank you all for the encouragement. There has been no response to the email sent out yet... looks like it might get nasty soon.

Man sorry for your trouble that your going through I hope it gets sorted out.

These problems are why I think paypal should work with the shipping companies like UPS, DHL, and FedEx. Like paypal will notify the seller that the money is sent and then get the tracking number and not deposit the money in the sellers account until the package has been delivered.

But it still wouldn't help from people sending fake packages.

I was one of the ones also taken on this deal for the Sundown 1500D. I haven't heard back from anyone at CCA yet anout getting ahold of this guy.

Personally just give me his address I am heading through that area this July. the fag got $375 out of me. Grrrr :|

I was one of the ones also taken on this deal for the Sundown 1500D. I haven't heard back from anyone at CCA yet anout getting ahold of this guy.

Personally just give me his address I am heading through that area this July. the fag got $375 out of me. Grrrr :|

Your PM box is full over there, I had tried several times.

A lesson to anyone reading this from someone who was also burned on an IVA-c800 for $800 - I was the seller (I know it is too late for those already burned, but this might help someone reading):

When using paypal as a seller - ONLY SHIP TO A CONFIRMED PAYPAL ADDRESS. MAKE NO EXCEPTIONS! PERIOD. Did I get that through to everyone???? If you ship to a non-confirmed address, and the buyer reverses the charge through his credit card, paypal will not do anything.

When using Paypal as a buyer - Use your credit card for funds. If the transaction goes bad, you can get your money back through the credit card. Paypal does not protest credit card charge backs - they leave that up to the seller, so if he is not legit, you have nothing to worry about. Even if he is a legit seller, if he sent a product that was not as described, you just send it back and reverse charge through your credit card. As long as he has the product back, Paypal will not protest the credit card charge back. I was told on the phone by a paypal customer service rep that they have agreements with the credit card companies not to interfere with customer creditcard accounts and charge backs.

edit - this includes if the seller has already removed the money from his account. I had already removed the money from my paypal account, and with the credit card charge back, it just showed a negative $800 balance. As already stated, it does not work that way with money withdrawn from a checking account.

I spent three months trying to get my $800 back and got no where. Finally gave up.

Brian

Edited by BKOLFO4

I was able to recover funds from a credit card charge-back dispute through Paypal. I shipped to a non-verified address but required signature for delivery, printed the tracking page, and saved all e-mails exchanged with the buyer. I sent all of my information to the credit card company and about 90 days later it was resolved in my favor.

In general I will agree to ship to verified addresses only... I can't always do so as a business owner, so I save *all* of the records regarding the transaction to back myself up if a dispute arises.

Did the customer just charge back because they were unhappy or claimed they did not get the merchandise, or did they report it as a stolen credit card number charge? My buyer claimed they did not buy the merchandise - it was bought by a third party who had stolen the credit card info. I learned from the police that the address the package was sent to and signed for at was vacant. Apparently this thief just watched the tracking number and waited around for the package on the day it was delivered. Since the credit card owner did not actually buy the merchandise and it was not shipped to the address that the credit card sends the bill to, they returned the money. Once they return it, paypal will appeal it once for review, but no confirmed address = no seller protection policy.

I had all my info as you did, sent all the info to Paypal, had USPS involved for mail fraud, reports with police departments at my location and the delivery location - never got anything.

Be careful shipping to non confirmed addresses, if you sell enough, I bet it will burn you some day. . . .

Brian