Sign in to follow this  
Electrodynamic

A little about us at SI

This is for those of you who really don't know us here at Stereo Integrity...

I dream, literally, of ways to increase the sound quality of a speaker.

My dad and I drive around with spare voice coils in our cup holders (they're 3" diameter, which conveniently helps hold large tall cups in place).

Jacob and I rack our brains constantly about the pro's and con's of crossover slopes, frequencies, and speaker selections we are faced with when designing component systems. If any of you (our customers) were around us just hanging out, you would know what I'm talking about...Hoss can vouch for me on this one.

I dream about cone materials, voice coil manipulations, massive spiders, huge, linear surrounds, and all that other good stuff at least once a week.

We will soon have an "About Us" section on our web page where you can keep track of what we are doing and what we have been doing in the past, so the general public can know the severeity of our nerdery. :P

Refreshing to read that :denim:

I work around 18 hours of every day on something. Whether it be SI or my other job, it's incredibly draining. But somehow I keep going day after day. I think it might be the little pebble that gets wind of a few happy customers from beneath the glossy finish of selling a product to a couple hundred people.

...I wish we heard back from more people. :(

Nick....NOT FAIR...I wish...I really wish...I could be there with you guys....it is truly torture you guys put me through day in and day out with all this excessive speaker talk...I live off it...I want to learn soo much more...and you gotta pull this junk with me....

:o:(

My biggest hobby...and some of the most wonderful people I know...I can't share it with....very disheartening...I dream about you guys as buddies...I really do... :(

We love you too Nick.

Next sub I purchase will be from you ... may not be for a little while .. but when the time comes, you'll be getting my business. And I'll make sure to write you back with my comments and praises. And don't forget, that people who love what they do for a living, don't work a single day in their life :)

Oh yes, we are supreme nerds, it's true. Nick is not messing around... I just made a drawing on the computer the other day for some new basket stuff, kinda random, but that is what you do as a speaker nerd.

Got to add my support to the wery fine people who made my thumper.

Excelent service from the day I made contact is all I can say.

And it's allways fun to pop my trunk and let people gaze at the Mag, come with a "Why didn't you buy RF" comment or som BS like that.

Then I gently place them in the front seat and play some music with fast bass - transitions and kickdrums and watch as their jaw drop :lol:

That entertainment is all thanks to Nicks hard work.

Thanks again man!

Yeah, I'll vouch also....they are indeed nerds. ;) Sometimes I find myself just nodding as if I understand, knowing the whole time that I have NO clue as to what they're discussing......but nonetheless, it's fun hanging out with them and having them as friends. They're pretty cool people even when they're not talking about speakers...which is good. :P

And Clarke, that almost made me shed a tear............

wait a minute....

wait........

NOPE! :D

Josh- another one that's the envy of Clarke not being on the E. Coast.

And it's allways fun to pop my trunk and let people gaze at the Mag, come with a "Why didn't you buy RF" comment or som BS like that.

Then I gently place them in the front seat and play some music with fast bass - transitions and kickdrums and watch as their jaw drop :lol:

x2

They're pretty cool people even when they're not talking about speakers...which is good.

i dont think jake knows how to talk about anything other than speakers ;) . ive never heard him carry a conversation about anything else :)

and it is not uncomon to find me and nick sipping on... ummm, adult beverages :D , discussing different speakers, components, and install ideas :) .

Yeah, I'll vouch also....they are indeed nerds. ;) Sometimes I find myself just nodding as if I understand, knowing the whole time that I have NO clue as to what they're discussing......but nonetheless, it's fun hanging out with them and having them as friends. They're pretty cool people even when they're not talking about speakers...which is good. :P

And Clarke, that almost made me shed a tear............

wait a minute....

wait........

NOPE! :D

Josh- another one that's the envy of Clarke not being on the E. Coast.

Seriously...I'm not kidding.. :thud:

Yeah, it sucks a big one that Clarke isn't over here. :( I'm tellin ya man, seriously, I'm coming over there for at least a weekend sometime (hopefully soon).

nick do u guys have any plans for new lines of subs or any other products? or are u guys just doing the component sets for now.

We've always got a couple things up our sleeve. :) But for now we are trying to change a few things here and there (component set work) before venturing off into anything else. If you're asking about amps, wire, deadening, etc, the answer is no.

well if it makes any difference I've had all the big LSQ subs in my car besides the xbl^2

subs and this is certainly an upgrade from anything I've had before! so far all my friends think its the best thing since sliced bread hehe. And I've had "dub sevens" in my car too :P and supposedly its the "best sub in the world". a few of us are starting to represent in the forums too.

It's starting to stick to people....FINALLY....A couple more things need to change around here...and SI will really start to sprout...

To continue along the original lines of this thread... I tried to explain crossovers and slopes and stuff to my girlfriend's Mom a few weeks ago. Once I get started there is no stopping me... she smiled and nodded like most people do though, so I felt good.

Now if I can just convince Clarke that you don't need 8 million watts on your front stage to make it sound good...

Now if I can just convince Clarke that you don't need 8 million watts on your front stage to make it sound good...

Wow....couldn't have said it better myself?

And oh yeah...Clarke, change your mind much there buddy? :D

Josh

i dont work for SI but with the amount i think about si and new things that could happen and audio in general, it would only take 2 weeks of reading on how sub parts work and i could easily imagine mysekf working for them lol

I tried to explain crossovers and slopes and stuff to my girlfriend's Mom a few weeks ago. Once I get started there is no stopping me... she smiled and nodded like most people do though, so I felt good.

wow... i can honestly say you know too much for your own good :) . and that is not neccesarily a good thing. if i had a dollar for all the times you told me things that i would never remember or that i never cared to know... i would be a rich man :P

And oh yeah...Clarke, change your mind much there buddy?

LOL!!!

Stereo Integrity, Adire audio etc. do not need to hear from more people. The words are already being spoken by sales of products these internet companies are seeing.

Your online companies are basically exposing the serious mark-up job going on by the commercial companies. The materials and specs offered by companies like SI and AO, for the price, a far ahead value and performance wise, compared to commercial.

Never knocking commercial, but having RF as my first serious sub, then trying an internet brand, there is no going back to commercial companies, for subs atleast. When I see prices for commercial subs and then look at what you get for it compared to internet brand, it's a wonder to me that they can keep doing it.

To continue along the original lines of this thread... I tried to explain crossovers and slopes and stuff to my girlfriend's Mom a few weeks ago. Once I get started there is no stopping me... she smiled and nodded like most people do though, so I felt good.

Headroom...SIR....

Let us not forget about Damian...he feels he needs 350w on his midbass....I kept it to 250w... :)

8 more months till I get to venture to North Carolina...*crosses fingers*

Now....if I just could convince Jake that staying up past 10pm is ACTUALLY something most college students do..

Edited by I8apony19

Headroom...SIR....

Let us not forget about Damian...he feels he needs 350w on his midbass....I kept it to 250w... :)

8 more months till I get to venture to North Carolina...*crosses fingers*

Now....if I just could convince Jake that staying up past 10pm is ACTUALLY something most college students do..

Headroom is way overrated in the car audio market lately... You just don't need 250-watts RMS on a midbass driver for anything unless it's 70 dB efficient :P Won't hurt anything, but you are burning money at that point. I like massive amps as much as anyone, but it's kinda wasteful.

Thing is that they won't be seeing 350W each... :P Gain is down to lower the noise floor, y0. :denim: Then again, they are seeing about 250W each right now and I think they want more... :lol:

Headroom is way overrated in the car audio market lately... You just don't need 250-watts RMS on a midbass driver for anything unless it's 70 dB efficient :P Won't hurt anything, but you are burning money at that point. I like massive amps as much as anyone, but it's kinda wasteful.

Power is dirt cheap nowdays. Smart shoppers can get away with a 1000W front stage without breaking the bank. Don't listen to Mojo, though. He's side biased and has no stage or imaging. All the power in the world won't fix that :boink:

:finger: