Sign in to follow this  
ShawnFleming

Did a little revamp to Dad's "EXPLODER"

Did a revamp today of my pop's explorer. It had 3 RE XXX 15's. We swapped out for 3 Fi Q 15's with the BP Power Package, and he loves the new subs.

Old Setup

Allin1-1.jpg

New Setup

IMG_1357.jpg

Please excuse the mess, I had a little grinding to do on one spot for the subs to fit normally, instead of inverted, and I really like it alot better, and so does Pop. It looks alot cleaner to me, the nice curved transitions look much much smoother.

Here is the list of everything in the truck.

Pioneer Premier 720

Cyberdyne Amp Voltage and Amp Temp custom molded into the dash

Gain Control custom molded in center console

2pr of Adire Koda mids (soon to be AA poly's)

2pr of Vifa 25 silk dome tweets (1 set custom molded and covered with grey grille cloth in the dash)

2 MTX 502 (running active, 1 on tweets, 1 on mids)

Clarion MCD 360 crossover

1 Kinetik 1800 (under the hood)

2 Optima Blue Tops (in the box, yes air space accounted for, ;) )

3 Modded MTX 1501d's

3 Fi Q 15's with BP Power Package

All Streetwires wiring

Here is a pic of the outside

open4business.jpg

wow, your dad is pretty cool.......hahaha. Still runnin the game!!!

Looks great. How does it sound compaired to those xxxs?

My dad's 70 (I'm your age shawn) so I grew up to him playing blue grass or talk radio -he didn't even want to replace the blown factory speakers :(

Looks like there is a lot more room with out the subs inverted.

wish my dad was into audio but then with always be fighting whos is louder, like in golf when we see who can hit the ball farther then each other.

I like it for sure.

Looks great. How does it sound compaired to those xxxs?

My dad's 70 (I'm your age shawn) so I grew up to him playing blue grass or talk radio -he didn't even want to replace the blown factory speakers :(

i feel your pain :)

well, except the blue grass part :P

Nice. I will be by later this week to give it a listen. I def like the subs better that way.

I personally like the sound better with the Optioned out Q's over the XXX. With the XXX's I had them crossed over at 60 hz, and then the koda's pickin up at 60. Now I have the Q's crossed at 80 and the kodas from 80 and up. The whole soundstage seems to have been brought up. And with the crossovers higher on the kodas, I could raise the gains a little on the mids and the tweets, which sounds better than they ever have. The Q's are alot more punchier, and definately play higher than the XXX's did. We will see this weekend how much louder it is on the meter, but I think right now they are def a little louder. Although with the 3 spiders it will take longer for them to break them in. I told dad to beat the hell out of them all week, so they will be a little broken in by this weekend for the Southern Nationals, there is a single pointer on sat and a 3x on sunday.

Sign in to follow this