Sign in to follow this  
Ga foo 88

#s on rlp18 setups?

Might be too early to tell.

To be brutally honest, as I've never had a personal interest in the SPL arena, I've never had a knack for marketing towards those customers - and so, I firmly believe that the majority of my customers simply don't use SoundSplinter drivers to get an SPL score metered since in making a sale, I can relate considerably better to those who are looking for solid, balanced low-frequency reinforcement in their sound stage (even though given the few reports I've seen, our drivers certainly can be used for SPL races if you are so inclined).

I mean hey, if a pair of our 8's can chase 150 dB.. I imagine the 18's are no slouch by any means! :OhYeah:

it depends alot on the car... and how much power you got and most importantly the enclosure... IMO with one of these with 1krms with a good electrical and a sweet vented box you should not be below 140db thats for certain....

I think i read the required port area was a min. of 80 sq inches?? or maybe im off... What would that come to in cubic feet?

To be brutally honest, as I've never had a personal interest in the SPL arena, I've never had a knack for marketing towards those customers - and so, I firmly believe that the majority of my customers simply don't use SoundSplinter drivers to get an SPL score metered since in making a sale, I can relate considerably better to those who are looking for solid, balanced low-frequency reinforcement in their sound stage (even though given the few reports I've seen, our drivers certainly can be used for SPL races if you are so inclined).

I mean hey, if a pair of our 8's can chase 150 dB.. I imagine the 18's are no slouch by any means! :OhYeah:

I made a pretty good score with my 2 Rl-p 12's in a Civic Hatchback. I made a 148.3@49 hz. Thats with a daily install.

I don't plan on competing with them. It just seems like a waste of good subwoofers.

I think i read the required port area was a min. of 80 sq inches?? or maybe im off... What would that come to in cubic feet?

Square inches can't equal cubic feet, but in square feet it would be (80/12)/12 = .56sqft

Basically i was wanting to know how big a box would be with airspace and all displacements, using the reccomended 5 cubes and reccomended port area (slot port)?

I tried to use subwoofertools.com and it gave me a 12 cube box, and the port was larger than the 5 cube airspace portion.

Edited by Ga foo 88