Sign in to follow this  
Jalla

Bi-amping components

I'm currently concidering the 327's when they come out, and looking at the specs of the 307's they probably can take a lot of power.

Would it be adwiseable to use bi-amping, and will there be a possibility to get crossovers made for the tweeters and midrange separately?

I noticed that the SEAS Lotus Reference kit has this as an option, and wonder how you guys at SI would look at this.

In home audio bi-amping definitely makes a difference, so it might apply here as well.

Would it be adwiseable to use bi-amping, and will there be a possibility to get crossovers made for the tweeters and midrange separately?

We can build bi-ampable crossovers if you wish. The cost of the components will go up as a result, however. Bi-amping is a neat feature to have, but it's not necessary. You can control the output level of each speaker, the crossover point and slope if you are going through an active crossover, and other things, so that's why some people like them.

Thanks man.

Allways nice to have the option :)

And another ting off topic; are you planning to build a home audio sub?

Many quality passives have 'bi-wire' inputs, so the HP for the tweeters and LP for the mids are separate, but in same chassis.

This is not as good as having dedicated amp channels for each, but I have found IF you have the extra amp ch to use, then

they are best served by running them on dedicated door midbass, and using passives for tw/mid and or rear fill. esp if you

have a front 3-way system, as I prefer. This way, the mids are relieved of lots of midbass work.

I also found that running rear-fill in parallel with front midbass, works well, provided they are attenuated to suite taste

(tweeters in the rear are really not necessary), and or coax work just great (esp if you can attenuate the tweeters.

Cheers,

Rick

Thanks man.

Allways nice to have the option :)

And another ting off topic; are you planning to build a home audio sub?

Dude, 6 year old thread.