Sign in to follow this  
theabunai

What you should know about Fi

we all have review of the Fi products...

but i felt we didn't have a solid review of this company...

So i decided to review the company or more so it's employees....

I have been on this board since November of 2006 which is when i became interested in Fi products..

If i recall (Scott, Nick or Shawn may correct me if I am wrong) but Fi was started in the later half of 2006 I believe around August..

So i have been around here shortly after Fi birth...

I have dealt with many direct companies before...

JL, RE audio, Us Amps, Kicker, Mb Quart, Alpine and A/D/S to name a few...

Some have left a really bad impression on me and some have made a lasting impression on me....

Fi is the latter.....

In the beginning i was asking 1 billion (ok a little exaggeration makes the story seem more brilliant) to a guy that was named Scott...

truth be told i didn't know exactly who Scott was... I honestly thought it was just another customer service rep...

Courteous, knowledgeable and quick to reply..

After about the 3rd email (and i didn't even buy anything yet) I realized that Scott was the owner of Fi....

I actually took a step back and for a split second thought this guy is full of crap, why would the owner answer questions from someone who hasn't even bought anything.... But sure as chit Scott was giving me what i call "personal" attention and i felt really good about it...

What impressed me the most about Scott was, there was a time where i seemed to be caught between getting an RE sub, SI BM or an Fi sub and to my surprise Scott never once ever put down any of the other products i was considering, nor did he EVER once say his product out performed any of the other subs i mentioned.. WOW this was a bit odd as i have seen some reps from other companies/internet dealers trashing other products, but not once did this guy ever have a bad thing to say about the other products... in fact (as i read the emails i saved) he said "RE is a great sub woofer as well as Stereo Integrity's product they are all excellent choices".. I immediately thought "Man this guys is using some kind of Jedi Mind trick on me"...

More and more i began to just read posts here on the official forums and i was very impressed with Scott and how he tried to make everyone feel like a special customer.... I must say what i saw heavily swayed my decision on what sub i will be getting....

that may sound stupid to some but I live on an island, I can't get a demo, I can't go to a show where a couple guys can bass race with Fi subs... My decision needed to be made based on the Companies reputation....

next thing that amazed me was this guys knowledge of sub woofers..... Holy crap, he bedazzled me with fancy words and impressive knowledge BUT all the while conveying them in "layman's" terms so they "made sense" and also taught me a little something about the product i am going to buy.... This is unheard of in my experience... When was the last time the creator of something you bought took the time "personally" to explain a portion of the product you are buying....???

Utter patience and understanding is another key quality Fi has....

I asked Scott around 3 different ways on enclosures before i even said i was going to purchase a woofer... and the guy answered them every time.... I didn't expect that, i expected him to toss my second email aside and i imagined him saying "Oh here we go another guy who says he is going to buy a sub but won't and is just wasting my time" BUT boy was i wrong, he answered each email and even apologized if it took longer then a day to answer me... I actually was going to keep emailing him the same questions to see where his breaking point was LOL...

So what about after he gets his money and you get your sub....?

Well NOTHING CHANGED....

Except the addition of Nick and shawn into the picture....

both are so knowledgeable about Fi and boy do these two have patience all their own... i mean read a couple threads on the forum and notice the same questions asked over and over again.... But more impressive is look at their responses to these repetitive posts, courteous, knowledgeable and not once have i seen the infamous "use the search button, it's been asked already" they are on a mission i tell you....

Nick has been so helpful in my experience... He answers all my post and encourages me to bother him through email HOW CRAZY IS THAT.... A rep begging for questions to be emailed to him... Knowledgeable as well as courteous... I had an issue with my speaker and Nick helped me and gave me tips with every email.....

What was most impressive was that During my speaker issue i asked if spending money to upgrade my speaker was a solution and Nick wanted me to exhaust all means before thinking about upgrading the sub... WOW, he rather me try and solve the issue by spending as little as possible... What the hell is wrong with these people... how can they NOT want my money ??

I have seen shawn beg for PM's on the board..... And he is also quick to respond to any issues that come up. What the hell are these people smoking.... They actually WANT to give their time to aid customers...

Then there is this crazy owner guy named Scott..... Not only did i receive help from Nick But holy crap guess who emails me to aid in my issue.... Scott.... once again i am awaiting the infamous "you should pay this much for this upgrade" but no way.... This guy also helps me track down the problem and suggest trying simple inexpensive fixes before even considering paying for a custom upgrade... NOT ONLY THAT, I asked if a feature would aid in what i aim to accomplish and instead of taking my money HE TELLS ME THAT MAKING THE EXTRA PURCHASE WONT BETTER MY ISSUE so i shouldn't spend the money to upgrade that portion.... WHAT THE HELL.... Do they not want my money anymore LOL....

Then to top it all off, Scott tells me if none of the measures he and nick advised me to try he is willing to customize my sub to do what i want it to do... Then tells me ahead of time about features he plans to release for my line of subs LIKE HE TRUSTS ME WITH SENSITIVE INFO (it was the new features already posted for the Q and SSD).... WOW talk about really getting personal with your customers....

So why am i going through the trouble to review this company...

Point blank.... I think a companies employee's (and in this RARE case owner) really speaks for the product they sell.... Good, courteous, knowledgeable and patient employee's are a sure fire sign that there is a good product being made for sure.... If they are willing to take the meticulous care and approach to future, as well as Past customers, to assure they are happy and confident in purchasing an Fi product, then you can only draw one conclusion..... they personify the product they sell...

hats off to Scott, nick, Shawn and the Fi crew....

And anyone out there looking for a sub...... Get an Fi, you not only get a great product for a great price but it comes with a family of crazy people who actually do care about their customers...

feel free to add your experience to my thread folks so people don't think this is a RARE occurrence of great customer support..

Edited by theabunai

I have asked about 30 questions so far between scott, nick, and shawn...So far I have only had 1 that was not answered...

Quick, curteous, and friendly. I havent even bought my sub yet!!

Good work Fi!

Edited by SilverBane

I'm the proud owner of a 12" Q.

and let me tell you guys, the costumer service that you are going to experience in here, is like no other, from questions as small as "ehrn im going to get my free sticker" as the " can you help me make a box that suit my sub" they will do their best to help you. that is why i recomend the Fi subs, plus the Bang like crazy lol :OhYeah:

I think out of any company I've ever dealt with, regardless of product type, Fi has been the best hands down. Customer service is 1 of a kind, and the guys are alway helpful and quick to respond. Any problems they are there to help you.

D@mn... thank you so much for the kind comments (the check is in the mail ;) )

I really appreciate that and it definitely pushes us along knowing that we are doing something correct with Fi.

Simply put, thanks to everyone that has helped make Fi and this forum what it is. I seemed to have started something... but everyone else helps make it a success.

Thanks,

Scott

I don't know man , I'm kind of leary of that Nick guy. Such a little man should not have a garage that big :D

I just recently got my two Q15"

must say , that two months before my purchase i decided to talk to Scott about the Q's [just like i knew what im going to get]

well , im from israel , and not used to this kind of service

from the first email that i got answered by Scott i started talking to people on how good the service is from Fi , that the owner of a company answers you emails in no time.

scott answered every email i sent him , helped me get best international shipping prices , took great care of the shipping boxes of the subs

and even threw in a couple of extras

Scott actually helped me SAVE money from customs here

helped me decide what box i want to build for the pair of Q's

Fi got one of the best costumer service i have met around in years!

its like i just want to keep sending mails to the Fi crew

but i know how much they are busy :D no need to bother too much

thank you Fi!

im going to send some ladies your way as a sign of gratitude;)

LOL

thank Scott Shawn and all Fi!

Eli.

Great write up. I agree, except I have not had a chance to buy anything for myself. The Fi crew is top notch, even some of the competitors are awesome too. Great family feeling to anything that comes from/out of/ fixed by Fi.

fi is the best and scott is a genius. i heard some rumors from a reliable source that scott is doing something awesome to the subs. can't say what though.

I don't know man , I'm kind of leary of that Nick guy. Such a little man should not have a garage that big :D

My shop ;)

Just needs a Ramos in it to help router stuff :fing34:

Glad we could help out and be there :) That's what we're here for. :takepix::fing34:

i just got my subs back today from re-cones/upgrades (Scott's older work), they look great i can't Wait to hook them up.

Scott helped me with alot of e-mails over the past few months about my sub's and i tell everyone about them. i was the first one in md with re and got Paul carmikle (spelling) hooked on them, he couldn't be live a sub that cost that much sounded that good. long store shot he got 5Th at the db drag world finals in street B 3-4 years ago when not that many people new about them.

fi has also done alot to help show's etc. from my understanding they help sponsor a show in MD over the weekend. fi audio still supports the sport and cares for the customers.

Actually I was following nicks thread on his Celica build.....

Quite the handy fellow that nick

"Man this guys is using some kind of Jedi Mind trick on me"...

Gotta love that line. I havent purchased anything yet either but im planning on buying 2 12" ssd's and scott,nick,and shawn have answered all of my questions and e-mails. Right now they are helping me design a box.

Thanks guys, that means alot to us, for you guys to feel as strongly as we feel about you. I know I have been a little AWOL, but I ahve had alot of family things going on lately, with my dad and my step mom both going through rough health problems lately, and I very happy for all the support my SSA family has shown me and my personal family. Please dont think I slipping b/c my emails or pm's have taken a little more time then they use to, its just I cant be on the computer everyday like usually am, and will be again, I promise you guys.

I would just like to say thanks again for the recognition. We do this because we love the industry, and love making others happy (loud)! Without you guys, we would be nothing.

And without you guys we would still be forced to deal with some chittier companies.

My only hope is that the company stays grounded and doesn't get too big too fast. Yea expansion is great. Both for getting the name out there and making $$$ but it can go to peoples heads. honestly I don't see that happening here though.

Congrats on all the success, shawn take care of your family. They were there before Fi, all through it and afterwards (if you some how don't get out lived lol).

Again all the responses in this post reflect on why so many of us choose fi.

J

I researched FI as deeply as I could on this forum before ordering a BL. After what I read here and talking to Scott,Nick and Shawn, I decided to send FI my money!

Yea, the price of FI subs also influenced my decesion, but if I would have read bad things about FI, Iwouldnt have bought anything from FI.

And some people wonder why people are going bonkers about FI right now, CUSTOMER SERVICE is why! You dont only get a GREAT sub at a more than fair price, but you get great customer service as well........ even if you dont buy something.

I sweated Nick, Scott, and Shawn with my questions that I could have searched for, all 3 answered and thanked me for my interest!

I really cant say enough good things about FI!!!

with a name like scott, he's gotta be a good guy. i jumped on my chance to get a Q early on just from hearing the reputation scott had. i must say, the reputation speaks for itself. subs are awesome, service is superb.

now just make a Fi 8. maybe you could put a fi dustcap on one of the new assassins. :coolugh:

well this post put all my thoughts into words.. lol cuz i was set on getting a 15" RE XX.. but fi changed that quick and now im truely happy with my choice.. now i just need stickers to rep FI... :P

yupp guys i'm glad Fi has the type of service they do...

If only they made those Fi Thongs now..... !!

appleyard i'd order myself a thong but scott and nick said they wouldn't recone it once i used them for daily driving.... :blink:

Sign in to follow this