truckaudioman

An interesting question I forgot to ask

Ok, so, here is a big question I should have probably asked first and foremost. Other than power handling abilities, what are the differences between the BTL and BL. SPL vs SQ, etc. thanks.

J

anyone? I honestly can't see the big difference...that being said, I am a noob and want to make sure I don't spend the extra grand or so in the end for a power difference and it to sound like a crap daily driver meant for just SPL.

Edited by truckaudioman

BL is a little more geared towards a "normal" daily setup. The response curve is flatter overall with little more peak thatn the BTL around tuning. It is a little less efficient of a driver due to the smaller motor, but this is not to say that it wont be as loud or louder than the BTL up to a certain power level (max at probably 2kW). Both are designed to handle a fair amount of abuse, but the BTL steps things up a little more.

My opinion on the sound quality of the subs is of no real value since I am somewhat biased. I think both sound far from "bad" like some SPL subs. In fact they seem to surprise most at how good they do sound. And a fully loaded BTL can be a monster on the bottom end too... which most dont believe until they hear it or better yet... feel it.

Thanks,

Scott

Yep. You simply get the "daily" option for them and you are good to go.

Thanks,

Scott

I have a BL 10" with the daily option, to me, it sounds great, it sounds just as good as my AA Avalanche did and my Ava sounded GREAT!

I cant wait to get my second BL 10" so I can REALLY wang!

I think both sound great for spl geared subs. My btls are very musical, and get the very low lows better than any other sub I've ever owned. Very accurate as well. I listen to a lot of rock, and when people hear I have 18s on a lot of power they say 'must be loud, bet it doesnt' sound that good'- then I let them hear it. my 18s sound better than most 'sq' subs, for instance I've put mine beside a dozen 10" and 12" setups, and though mine was much better sounding- better response and more accurate or as accurate as the smaller, sq subs.

My brother has a bl, and I like his sub just as much. again, really gets those lows well. The only difference is he wanted to give 1 sub 2kwatts, and I wanted to give them 4k. I feel as long as you stay below 2k on the bl you'll be fine, but that is my experience. Good luck.

Edited by tejcurrent

I think I should stay with the BTLs. I have hearing loss from the Iraq war, so I listen to my stuff real loud and pound it real hard non-stop. I think running 2k watts to the fully loaded BTLs will allow them to take a better beating than the BLs.

I think I should stay with the BTLs. I have hearing loss from the Iraq war, so I listen to my stuff real loud and pound it real hard non-stop. I think running 2k watts to the fully loaded BTLs will allow them to take a better beating than the BLs.

:fing34: That's what I did orignially- They should pound.

So did you ever make up your mind on what subs, and how many. I hadnt heard from you in a bit.

Yeah, been workin alot. Right now I am debating on several issues involving how much room will be taken up in the bed of the truck. More than likely, I will be getting BTL's. I may have to underpower them for a little, till I get the cash to get another amp or two, but not sure yet. The main thing, like i said, is how much room i will have. If it permits, I will do what we were talkin about, 4 15's. If not, I will either get 2 15's or 4 12's, but it all depends like I said. I think I am talkin myself out of 4 for fear of not having money for that much power upgrades. We will see though. It all comes down to room in the bed of the truck and money for power upgrades.

I know, cash problems suck.

I just got married and had to buy ALLLLLL new furniture and appliances. Not to mention the house is a fixer upper, so all new hot water heater, plumbing, and some wiring. Light fixtures, showers, etc, college for the wife, etc, (Honeymoon), etc....

I've already spent my car/sub/amp upgrade money and then some. :(

If you have the equipment, a few hundred more bucks for a better/additional alternator and wiring/batts will be plenty worth it ;)

You could just go easy on the volume till the gravy train rolls in with some electrical upgrades...

Either way it'll be more than enough bass for everyday.

An additional alternator. Roughly how do they add another alternator? Do they just find a place somewhere open and install it? Does this additional alternator run almost the entire system? Basically, where can I find info on this subject? Havent heard to much about having 2 alternators.

There are companies that make dual alt brackets that bolt up to a variety of applications. If not, and you have the ability, most dual alt brackets arent too hard to make.