Sign in to follow this  
Smartass

Price Increase?

Why the price increase again this year on the Usamps and RE products? I was looking at bringing in USAMPS Xterminator series but they have gone up.

Could you also make some clearifications on the power ratings. As its hard to swallow a few of the numbers. Or explain. Im not calling USAMPS out I just want to know how to justifiy to a customer that knows abit that a xt4000D does 1500Wrmsx1 @ 1ohm with 3 x25amp fuses? This would make it roughly 138% efficent.

Thanks please keep in mind I am a long time customer and sold them too. Dating back to the late 80's-90's

the reason for the price increase of the XT2000D and the 4000D was because of the increase output. as for the rest, the merlins are more expensive because of the complete makeover. the AX line seems like about the same price, as for the RE series, not sure about that.

Yes I understand this. However pulling 1500Wrms out of 75amps worth of fusing will not last long.

smart why don't you give Greg Carolus a call....?

And posts what you learn from the call

Valid questions....

Edited by theabunai

He is the main tech support guy for Us Amps

He can answer anything to do with specs and design as well as wattage output and your questions on the fuse ratings...

I am sure flakko can get you the direct line or jrlutor he may have his number laying around ;)