Sign in to follow this  
audiobuckspl

amp selection

i will soon be getting 4 15" btl's can anyone tell me what would be a good amp to run these with, i want about 2-2500 watts to each. would like to have amps that are 12.5 to 13.8. this is going to be a spl set up and need good clean efficient amps. also if you know where i may can get a good deal from would be helpful also.(batteries also)

thanks shane b.

You do realize you're talking about 10kW of power? That's not something to sneeze at...

That being said, I think a couple strapped Sundowns would work - we got 10kW out of four 1500Ds, but under near-ideal circumstances...I'd rather go with the 3000D's.

Or a single Hifonics Maxximus.

You do realize you're talking about 10kW of power? That's not something to sneeze at...

That being said, I think a couple strapped Sundowns would work - we got 10kW out of four 1500Ds, but under near-ideal circumstances...I'd rather go with the 3000D's.

Or a single Hifonics Maxximus.

yea, i know what kinda power it is, i know someone that has 4 15 mojo with 4 mcd 1100 memphis amps he is hitting like low to mid 150's on term lab. i need to makem pay. if ya know what i mean. right now i have 2 12 l7 with 2 us 600 bridged box with 6 port holes. 146.7 in the kicker and 145.4 on the dash. i need more to get where i want to be!!!

a pair of rf 4000's

or a pair of memphis 4kw's

?

i have thought about the rockfords, i know they are real watts and clean at that. and doesn't require tons of volts to run but enough!

Hope the cars electrical is all set up for 10K

Wait for the Sundowns 3000

If not don't be afraid of a Cactus if money is no biggie

Hope the cars electrical is all set up for 10K

Wait for the Sundowns 3000

If not don't be afraid of a Cactus if money is no biggie

how much will they be?

The XX lines are worth it, otherwise, no.

hifonics is great bang for the buck. What's the budget like? depending on that I 2nd the 2 cactus 5ks, or 2 7ks. Prices (called the dealer) are about 2200 per 5k, 2800 per 7k, and those are some beasts. I personally went with 2 memphis 4ks because of price-but if I lived anywhere near the us dealer I'd be all up on those. The rfs are supposed to put out more like 4500, but they're expensive. The sundown 3ks should be good-I'd wait to find out more. It really comes down to how much you want to shell out.

Edited by tejcurrent

Ed and I.A.'s aren't so bad either... once again a little pricey (nothing as pricey as the cactus) but along the mines of the rockfords...

thanks guys for all the help, yea the cactus amps are too much for me. i think i will look futher into the rf 40001 and the hifonics amps. if anyone runs across some good deals please let me know. looking for 2- 2.5kw amps to run to each 15 (4).

thanks again everyone and stay in touch later.

shane b.

What do you have planned for the electrical system?

What do you have planned for the electrical system?

Big 3 upgrade, looking into alternators now (hard to find one for a '96 nissan pickup), adding batteries depending on amps I end up getting.

Contact dominick@tds.net of iraggi alternators

He has direct bolt ons for almost all model cars and if you do a search on his alts you will find that he doesn't only know his chit but his alts are top notch...

also as mentioned you can look up incriminator audios amps as well as elemental designs ED series...

they are pretty good for the price...

i still suggest you wait about for the sundown 3000

Contact dominick@tds.net of iraggi alternators

He has direct bolt ons for almost all model cars and if you do a search on his alts you will find that he doesn't only know his chit but his alts are top notch...

also as mentioned you can look up incriminator audios amps as well as elemental designs ED series...

they are pretty good for the price...

i still suggest you wait about for the sundown 3000

thanks for the info on the alternator, i will check into the incriminator amps and the ed series amps. by the way about how much is the sundown 3000 going to run? and would two of them probably give me about 2-2.5 on each sub?

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...?showtopic=7900

that's the info on the sundown 3000

It iwll probably run about the price of 2 saz-1500d so your looking at maybe $800 or so

BUT Jacob (the owner of sundown) will posts the preorder when he gets stock in (probably in about a month or so)...

the preorder is usually a couple hundred dollars cheaper the actual selling price...

As for the alt...

I had a 2007 scion tC i bought in December of 2006... contacted dom around feb and he already had a direct bolt on for my car (no custom braket, just remove the old one and put the new one on)....

300amp alt he quoted me about 560 bucks....

Trust me a lot of people (steve meade and many more competitors) swear by his alt's and the guy knows his chit....

Edited by theabunai

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...?showtopic=7900

that's the info on the sundown 3000

It iwll probably run about the price of 2 saz-1500d so your looking at maybe $800 or so

BUT Jacob (the owner of sundown) will posts the preorder when he gets stock in (probably in about a month or so)...

the preorder is usually a couple hundred dollars cheaper the actual selling price...

As for the alt...

I had a 2007 scion tC i bought in December of 2006... contacted dom around feb and he already had a direct bolt on for my car (no custom braket, just remove the old one and put the new one on)....

300amp alt he quoted me about 560 bucks....

Trust me a lot of people (steve meade and many more competitors) swear by his alt's and the guy knows his chit....

cool thanks, i may just wait on the sundowns to come in for my amps. will he posts on here for the pre orders or will it be on the sundown site? im sure they are underrated so ill probably try to get two of them on the pre o to save some money, those should drive the 4 15 pretty good enough to mess up my truck!!! i may call next week on the alternator, cause the only day i have off during the week is sunday. thanks again for all your help :fing34:

I would just check in on their forums on a weekly basis...

In a posts Jacob mentioned he would let the price go down for a couple dealers...

If so I would contact Denim (the admin of this board and owner of the SSaudio shop AND authorized seller of Sundown amps).... Denim will take care of you...

I would just check in on their forums on a weekly basis...

In a posts Jacob mentioned he would let the price go down for a couple dealers...

If so I would contact Denim (the admin of this board and owner of the SSaudio shop AND authorized seller of Sundown amps).... Denim will take care of you...

i just sent him a msg. and he sent one back saying to email him for ordering, so he would have it on record. thanks for the help man. :thanx:

since your comparin amps by price to performance ratio, why don't you just get 4 opti4000ds?

They can be had for $900 per amp, 4000w @1ohm. You get a lot more power than what u lookin for for only $100 more. OF course if u dont want it, just turn it down.

Jacob and sundown amps are highly underrated and his warranty and service are top notch..

It's not just about the product but the people behind the product as well... Not to say Lanzar has junk customer service.. I don't own a sundown but i know people who do... As well as lanzar products.....

If you research both amps you will see a big difference in personalized Customer service, performance, efficiency and output per voltage...

Edited by theabunai

Sign in to follow this