Sign in to follow this  
shizzzon

Which Setup should i consider?

i have a maximum of 42" wide x 12" high x 19.25" deep i can use keeping everything else stock.

The amps will be mounted on top of the box but an extra Kinetik battery in the back WILL take up some of this box room.

After some calculations, i came up with 2.8-3.0cuft NET after displacements for the 2 following setups-

3 10" Fi Qs SEALED off of 4,000w or...

2 10" Fi BLs PORTED at 34hz off of 3,000w

I wish i could do 12s but i do not think subs and port up would sound good.

PS- i dont have room to do 12s unless i aim them up and can only do them if i port up as well...i have no boxes to test how that would sound either...)

I have a TC and i did subs up port back and it slammed hard.....

you could do 2 15's actually in a sealed box subs facing up..... with 2.3 cuft...

if you bring the box width in to fit between the rear pillars it can go up to 14" H and fit two 12's sealed

I can get pics of my wedge shaped box and my bat in the rear of my scion if you want

I have 2 12's sealed with 1K a piece

you can read my review as well i tried 3 different boxes

it's the link right below in my sig

Edited by theabunai

why cant you do port back

And you could always make a slant faced enclosure...giving you more room so you can have the subs firing semi forward...

Edited by Grim

Grim that's what i did so actually i have tried 4 boxes now LOL

My wedge shaped (slat shaped) enclosure nets 1.25 per sub

I cannot port back because I need to install a kinetik HC2400 battery, opti4000D amp, w 4 channel amp, 30 band EQ, 3 way crossover and power inverter back there which all would have to be mounted in front of the port which would cause problems.

I was just talking to someone where I'm at and they said that going sealed in hatch-ed cars always seem to be better in his experience. Now, he isn't no car audio fanatic but I'm wondering how loud sealed really is because I have always been ported and like the lows. As long as I got good loud response down to 26hz and consistent db numbers from 32 - 55hz +/- 3db tolerance, I'm satisfied.

I had two of the old round solo's sealed and was tip toeing around 140db. dont under estimate sealed, alot of the guys in the 150-159.9 bass race class are sealed....albeit with a chit ton of subs..lol

Sign in to follow this